PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor: More shoes falling

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Baylor: More shoes falling

Postby Stallion » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:34 pm

apparently been on super secret suspension since incident on February 7-3 weeks ago. Well I'm sure that makes everybody feel better
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby peruna81 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:30 am

Never thought I'd see the day that another school's scandal would make me feel ok with our scandal by comparison.

Baylor being Baylor.

I suppose the woman that was attacked by the football player "said something 'not nice' about Baylor", per Mulkey..
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby longbuzzer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:18 am

Irony of the decade. Baylor gets death penalty, QB Brewer transfers to SMU.
longbuzzer
Junior Varsity

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:05 am

Stallion wrote:apparently been on super secret suspension since incident on February 7

Sounds like double secret suspension. Seems like most of these culprits are/were defensive personnel. Wonder if whoever was in charge of defense recruited these derelicts or if he was aware that they were not exactly Eagle Scout material.
Bergermeister

Postby ponypatrick » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:33 pm

CalallenStang wrote:
smupony94 wrote:https://twitter.com/kwtx/status/836722836978925568

Shut the program down.

AMEN and AMEN !!!!
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby SMUer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:49 pm

At what point can we say that misogyny and violence toward women was actually part of the locker-room culture at Baylor? Like it was something widely known about and possibly even taught by players...This situation is truly absurd; and the irony of the media's sometimes rooting for the Baylor men's basketball success, while it is so obvious that the football program and seemingly the entire athletic department were covering up and enabling such violent behavior towards women...it's getting icky.
SMUer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:15 pm

Stallion wrote:apparently been on super secret suspension since incident on February 7-3 weeks ago. Well I'm sure that makes everybody feel better

Matt Rhule sure is going to change the mindset and instill some real discipline down there!!!!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby smupony94 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:20 pm

@smervosh

#Breaking Texas Rangers open investigation into @Baylor's handling of sexual assault scandal
smupony94

Postby smupony94 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 pm

smupony94

Postby Stallion » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:51 pm

ouch!
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Puckhead48E » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:15 am

Lord I love the onion. This ranks even above the recent "DoD research proves napalm does stick to children...and other cadences that ring true."
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby CenTXpony » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:42 am

What bothers me the most is that no matter how much evidence comes out... everything you see on social media from Baylor people is posted with intent of disregarding the criminal acts that occurred or finding a way to salvage the image of the university/athletic programs at Baylor... none of these baylor people are concerned with the well being of the victims... all they care about is how outsiders perceive baylor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CenTXpony
Heisman

Postby ericdickerson4life » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:48 am

Not on social media, but I am around enough Baylor people (having married one), and this is exactly the line they take. "This happens everywhere", "you don't know about Baylor because you didn't go to school there", "the media has blown this out of proportion", etc. Or I've heard several just call the girls liars or worse yet that they were asking for it by going to parties with football players, drinking, etc. They don't seem to realize that hurts there cause not help. I can't stand the pious stench that comes off them, much prefer my snob smell.
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby Topper » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:25 pm

soccermom wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:At least she is only advocating regular assault instead of sexual assault.

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Baylor-women-coach-urges-fans-hit-critics-in-face-10960099.php

After Baylor women's basketball team beat Texas Tech and clinched the Big 12 regular-season title Saturday, Bears coach Kim Mulkey grabbed a microphone and stuck up for Baylor, going so far as telling fans to "knock them right in the face" if they ever hear anyone being critical of the school.

She is as sick & demented as the men who were fired. She should be fired immediately. Pathetic.

I volunteer to let this psychotic mad woman punch me right in the face if she will do it in front of a camera. I will even sign a release. Ticket proceeds can go to the women found to be victims of rape at Baylor.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby peruna81 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:30 pm

ericdickerson4life wrote:"The problems that we have at Baylor are no different than the problems at any other school in America. Period. Move on. Find another story to write."

Essentially this was the 'defense' of SMU supporters during our implosion and DP, and the eventual destruction of the SWC. The difference is the human aspect.

Baylor doesn't get that. Their followers and supporters don't get it. And most damning, their Administration and Staff don't get it.

There is a HUGE perceived difference in a payroll to meet, and the systematic destruction of women that were attacked by Baylor athletes. Even with the attempts, like Mulkey's, to yell "move on", the media has chosen to be as dogged in pursuit of this story as they were against us in 1985-86. The result will be Baylor's $$$ payout, and an equalling damaging reduction in applications for years to come.

BTW, the lady in our church who has a son that was a preferred walk on last year, was rejected as a possible replacement regent. She was sent an internal email from the selection committee (by mistake) that inferred she was not "connected" sufficiently to a power-base. It was quickly followed up by an email announcing the "winners". She told me Sunday that she is quietly waiting for the destruction of the rest of Baylor, before folks will move to rebuild. She also said she hoped it wouldn't take as long as SMU has taken. I told her she didn't have Pye, so she and Baylor should be OK in, say, 20 years. :twisted:
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football