PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Smoking gun against Briles gets published

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Smoking gun against Briles gets published

Postby Boston Pony » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:05 am

The incident where Starr overrides the Academic Board concerning a player's academic fraud would be extra benefits specifically to athletes. It keep a player eligible. The question is did Starr do something he hadn't done in the past and did you justify the action?
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:23 am

You are on the right track.

I hate to break this to many of you but when the Board of Trustees fired these clowns based upon the evidence produced by the law firm including all those emails-that is actually substantial evidence of Institutional Control. Many need to focus less on the Coaching Staff's handling of criminal matters (not violations of NCAA Rules) and more on how the governing body and leaders of Baylor (Board, President etc) handled the allegations and perpetrators differently than other Baylor students which might constitute extra benefits under the NCAA Bylaws. That's probably the only type of allegations that the NCAA might look at.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony81 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Do all these civil lawsuits have to run their course before the NCAA starts their investigation or can they be investigated and handled in parallel?
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby StallionsModelT » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:26 pm

Institutional control after about a decade of allowing a rogue program to rape and pillage (literally) the student body. Kudos NCAA. The protectors of academic and athletic integrity will brush this off. Baylor will get nothing.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby lwjr » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:22 pm

I hope SMU is not about to be put on probation. :lol:
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby peruna81 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:16 pm

mtrout wrote:Yeah but let's talk about real problems for a second here... A secretary took an online module for Keith Frazier!

Interesting you say that....the NCAA very well might rise to take the bait on that one.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Arkpony » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:07 pm

The only way the NCAA crushes Baylor is for them to confuse them for SMU. I cannot ever put any faith in the NCAA to do the right thing again.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Digetydog » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:59 pm

PK wrote:
Pony81 wrote:Legal feeding frenzy. BU is facing a litigation black hole.

I need help with this logic:
School uses sex and loose rules / cover up to keep kids away from the law= recruiting violations

School does all of the above AND the girl cries rape= Criminal matter, none of the NCAA's business...... Play on.

What about lack of institutional control? I mean yeah they controlled it, but not in a way NCAA would agree with as "control".

It seems to me that Baylor had complete institutional control. Unfortunately, Assclowns were in control.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mexmustang » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:08 pm

Some of these players received legal representation (benefit) which maybe these easiest violation to prove. They were not simply represented by a public defender.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Three Putt » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:14 pm

The regents went ahead and fired Briles. The apologists were outraged and wanted the full report released. Now that a larger portion has come to light, it makes them look a little stupid as it was damning to their precious slime of a coach.

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.
Three Putt
Junior Varsity

Postby lollaperuna » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:49 pm

It said that Briles also initially agreed to testify on Elliott's behalf at his trial. "We need to get your name cleared ... Always all in with my players," he reportedly texted Elliott. The coach did not appear in court, and Elliott was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

That "Always all in with my players" line tells you all you need to know about Briles. The man oozes sleeze.

I wonder if Briles daughter regrets the letter she wrote complaining about the horrible way her daddy had been treated by the regents?
lollaperuna
All-American

Previous

Return to Football