PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Curious...?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Curious...?

Postby Maryland78 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Anybody know which coach is responsible for recruiting Louisiana? Was looking at offers on Rivals and appears we are being much more aggressive in Louisiana this year. Also, I noticed that, at least according to Rivals, on the average the quality of offers (ratings) are lower than the offers in Texas. Was thinking, if we are going to recruit more out of state, I would expect the coaching staff would go after higher level players in states other than Texas.

To be clear, though, I'm sure all the Louisiana kids are great players. I really trust our coach's talent evaluation abilities. Really hoping we can keep the defensive tackle. Go Ponies!!
Maryland78
Junior Varsity

Re: Curious...?

Postby Stallion » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Chris Scott is a grad assistant in charge of Louisiana but he doesn't recruit off-campus. Scott played DB at TCU. From Baton Rouge and coached at Southern University in Baton Rouge

http://www.ponyuptempo.com/-/chris-scott-bio
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football