PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

And you thought game attendance was low last year...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: And you thought game attendance was low last year...

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:15 am

78pony wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:Don't give a rats [deleted] if it affects attendance in ford. The greatest and most visible tradition since the DP has been the blvd. Removing and over-regulating a segment of it degrades the experience.

We have a history of being able to look at a situation and then proceed to employ the most irrational logic and kill what works or could given time. IF there was a major issue that had come to light then we should be made aware and IF it demanded something as significant as this ...

My guess is we have some pinhead trying to make a name.

This.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:20 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:
78pony wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:Don't give a rats [deleted] if it affects attendance in ford. The greatest and most visible tradition since the DP has been the blvd. Removing and over-regulating a segment of it degrades the experience.

We have a history of being able to look at a situation and then proceed to employ the most irrational logic and kill what works or could given time. IF there was a major issue that had come to light then we should be made aware and IF it demanded something as significant as this ...

My guess is we have some pinhead trying to make a name.

This.

Joanne Vogel, Ph.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs ad interim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:38 am

WWJD? Support the IFC.
Bergermeister

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:33 am

still completely shocked by the utter stupidity of student affairs. Clearly we have a bunch of people that just don't get it.
Pony ^

Postby midwestpony » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:52 am

Hi also a student and I have been able to meet with vice president of student affairs and know a bit about the issue. When she brought up this change i was and am still against it. I pointed out that this won't stop the issue of big pre-game's happening. However, the reason why this is happening is because 3 administration units came together and have to work together (Student Affairs, Athletics, and Risk management). Athletics doesn't have the numbers nor wants responsibility of the student section of the boulevard. Student affairs doesn't want all the risk, so those of you that were talking about risk this is the issue.

Dean Vogel went to Duke for her undergrad and a 15-year old girl died at their tailgate and it was banned for 10 years. So, her new rules come from exclusively a risk minded area. She has also pitched testing this only for the month of September, but that would be four boulevards.

I don't agree with the new rules and would prefer less restrictions to end all the pre-gaming - one idea would be to mix the students and alumni together and have it be a byob style set-up. Similar to the grove. This would mean no more 4 beer rule, but with the absolute craziness of a minority of greek students would make this difficult also policing underage students would be anther issue.

If you have questions let me know. Email student affairs. Also if you are Cox alumni email alumni relations and get the cox and engineering setup back to how it was previously - last years set up was terrible.
Last edited by midwestpony on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
midwestpony
Recruit

Postby gostangs » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Agree this is horrible idea, but it could be police or Tabc driven. No need to assume SMU is doing this to ourselves.
gostangs

Postby smustatesman » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Joanne Vogel, Phd...............I hereby propose that she be awarded the 2017, A. Kenneth Pyle, Greek Leader Award.
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby Stallion » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:37 pm

Could we all get a cool badge like they get at the gated area of the Pavilion at the Byron Nelson? That's sounds like where this is going eventually. Then we could distinguish the "Gold Season Ticket Sponsors" from the "General-Admission-One Day Only" and "Pavilion Only" leeches. Very SMU-status symbols for the real sponsors of SMU football. Would fill Mustang Club coffers overnight!!! Drop the car fender stickers-I want a big Red/Blue Badge like the Hot-Shot Recruits get :shock:

VERSUS-the Lowly Daily Pass

"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby skyscraper » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Another admin from Duke wreaking havoc. The more things change... lol
skyscraper

Postby bubba pony » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:17 pm

a Duke resume on how to handle students. remember how Duke handled their lacrosse team?
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby malonish » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:42 pm

bubba pony wrote:a Duke resume on how to handle students. remember how Duke handled their lacrosse team?

Points awarded to bubba.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby NewAgeMustange » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:59 pm

just when the ticket renewals were coming out.

jk totally renewing, but the school has been slowing bleeding the blvd for years; yes it has gotten better throughout the ages.

SOOOOO Question: if they want want less risk>>> Mrs proposed this: convert Sorority Park/ Parking Area to a Greek Tailgate (or for the snowflakes. An undergraduate hinged flap at the back of a truck that can be lowered or removed when loading or unloading the vehicle) less risk of them interacting with the Public, which has always seemed to be the schools point. First moved from the blvd to the dallas dallas and now fencing in. seem to be ashamed of the students.
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:34 pm

NewAgeMustange wrote:just when the ticket renewals were coming out.

jk totally renewing, but the school has been slowing bleeding the blvd for years; yes it has gotten better throughout the ages.

SOOOOO Question: if they want want less risk>>> Mrs proposed this: convert Sorority Park/ Parking Area to a Greek Tailgate (or for the snowflakes. An undergraduate hinged flap at the back of a truck that can be lowered or removed when loading or unloading the vehicle) less risk of them interacting with the Public, which has always seemed to be the schools point. First moved from the blvd to the dallas dallas and now fencing in. seem to be ashamed of the students.

As a side note, there have also been complaints about some of the outfits that the sorority girls wear at the tailgates.............hard to imagine!
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Ponysnob is very accurate in this thread
RGV Pony

Postby Junior » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:21 pm

PonySnob wrote:
NewAgeMustange wrote:just when the ticket renewals were coming out.

As a side note, there have also been complaints about some of the outfits that the sorority girls wear at the tailgates.............hard to imagine!

By who? The fat and ugly girls?
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

PreviousNext

Return to Football