PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

And you thought game attendance was low last year...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: And you thought game attendance was low last year...

Postby Bergermeister » Mon May 01, 2017 12:56 pm

:roll: I'll go with "typical" SMU. Waaaay too many "typicals" through the years. May I start with Heritage Hall debacle?
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CBpony » Mon May 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Stallion is on the money. I despise people who bring their dogs to tailgates. Go to the game people!
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby mrydel » Mon May 01, 2017 1:30 pm

FWIW, I do know some who live near by, bring their dog and then return the dog home and then attend the game.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Bergermeister » Mon May 01, 2017 1:42 pm

mrydel wrote: I do know some who live near by, bring their dog and then return the dog home and then attend the game.

or vice versa
Bergermeister

Postby smusic 00 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:25 pm

gostangs wrote:The amount of cluelessness on here about the Blvd is pretty scary. We are not like Oxford Miss or even 90% of the other places that tailgate - which for almost anyone else is the only thing creating any economic activity for hundreds of miles in any direction. SMU throws a giant party right in the middle of the nicest neighborhood in the fourth largest metro in the county six to seven times a year, and we have had remarkably little serious push back on that. Its not all that surprising that the TABC and city of UP police might have a tweak from time to time.

Not saying we couldn't be defending it with more gusto at the SMU admin level, but acting like this is solely SMU driven or in any way "typical" SMU is just stupid. The opposite is probably true.

This is far from a tweak and so far no one has mentioned UP or TABC being involved at all. Why would you insert that?
smusic 00

Postby gostangs » Mon May 01, 2017 4:03 pm

smusic 00 wrote:
gostangs wrote:The amount of cluelessness on here about the Blvd is pretty scary. We are not like Oxford Miss or even 90% of the other places that tailgate - which for almost anyone else is the only thing creating any economic activity for hundreds of miles in any direction. SMU throws a giant party right in the middle of the nicest neighborhood in the fourth largest metro in the county six to seven times a year, and we have had remarkably little serious push back on that. Its not all that surprising that the TABC and city of UP police might have a tweak from time to time.

Not saying we couldn't be defending it with more gusto at the SMU admin level, but acting like this is solely SMU driven or in any way "typical" SMU is just stupid. The opposite is probably true.

This is far from a tweak and so far no one has mentioned UP or TABC being involved at all. Why would you insert that?

I don't know - common sense maybe? Of course they are responding to something. Its not like someone would look at an otherwise successful BLVD and say - hey - wonder what I can do to make everyone hate me and risk getting fired.
gostangs

Postby RGV Pony » Mon May 01, 2017 4:13 pm

gostangs wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:

I don't know - common sense maybe? Of course they are responding to something. Its not like someone would look at an otherwise successful BLVD and say - hey - wonder what I can do to make everyone hate me and risk getting fired.

Since smu has never done something as outlandish as that
RGV Pony

Postby smusic 00 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:29 pm

gostangs wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:

Or it could be two things that have actually been confirmed: a money grab by the vendors and a risk management/insurance adjustment based on internal decision making.

This is classic SMU out SMU-ing itself.
smusic 00

Postby gostangs » Mon May 01, 2017 5:05 pm

The vendor "addition" is part of the risk management, which is part of a push from outside regulation folks to reign it in. Its not that hard to see.

I agree it is too bad and also messing up something that doesn't need to be messed up, and it wont work.
gostangs

Postby mtrout » Mon May 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Which will be more expensive? 1 football ticket or 1 bud light?
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Greenwich Pony » Mon May 01, 2017 7:37 pm

Both will make you a little queasy...
Support the Commitment! We're all SMU Mustangs fans- we should all be committed!
Greenwich Pony
Varsity

Postby SMUer » Tue May 02, 2017 12:05 am

IDK SMU students usually like places that provide over-priced drinks and the illusion of exclusivity...do they offer bottle service? Just saying...
SMUer

Postby StangGang » Tue May 02, 2017 2:38 am

I hope Turner is happy that student presence at the boulevard is going to drop massively. I suspect this will drive non-greek student attendance way down as well, since they won't want to be boulevarding solely with a bunch of alumni and their families. This will only make the off-campus Greek parties even rowdier and more prolific. This will be a bad look for SMU and football festivities; I strongly encourage us all to get into contact with administration and voice our complaints.
StangGang
Recruit

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue May 02, 2017 6:53 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:Watch your step... :shock:

You ain't kidding!

Hurts the appetite, when asking "do you want chili on your hotdog?" :lol:
ALEX LIFESON

Postby smusportspage » Tue May 02, 2017 8:34 am

SMUer wrote:IDK SMU students usually like places that provide over-priced drinks and the illusion of exclusivity...do they offer bottle service? Just saying...

:lol: ...bottle service.
smusportspage
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football