PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

And you thought game attendance was low last year...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: And you thought game attendance was low last year...

Postby SMU Pony Mom » Tue May 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Absolutely insane to change this!!! "Boulevarding" is used as an example of something very positive at SMU and a place where all students can come together to have fun. Tour guides mention it as a selling point.

It's what makes many alums want to come back to game days in the future. Really hope the administration comes to their senses. Very much support the fraternities boycotting if something can't be done.
SMU Pony Mom
Heisman

Postby smustatesman » Wed May 03, 2017 12:51 pm

CBpony wrote:Stallion is on the money. I despise people who bring their dogs to tailgates. Go to the game people!

Don't ugly dates need to be taken to and aired out on the V'ard. Also, why do you think they call'em "tail"gates.
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby PhantomPhi » Thu May 04, 2017 8:19 am

Athletics is in charge of The Blvd, not Student Affairs. Student Affairs has been "Bained". The staff is overworked and underpaid. However, if anyone was interested in engaging student organizations to be part of the Blvd policy making process, Student Affairs would have been the lead on that. Obviously, they kept students out of the process.

My guess is that a 25 year old Bain consultant came up with this and SMU took this hook line and sinker because it raised cash.

Bain, "Ruining university cultures one at a time"
PhantomPhi
Junior Varsity

Postby RGV Pony » Thu May 04, 2017 9:16 am

Athletics is in charge of the donor areas of the Blvd. Student areas are 100% student affairs.
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Arkpony » Thu May 04, 2017 10:06 am

Regardless of who is in charge, the is one stupid idea!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby midwestpony » Thu May 04, 2017 11:02 am

PhantomPhi wrote:Athletics is in charge of The Blvd, not Student Affairs. Student Affairs has been "Bained". The staff is overworked and underpaid. However, if anyone was interested in engaging student organizations to be part of the Blvd policy making process, Student Affairs would have been the lead on that. Obviously, they kept students out of the process.

My guess is that a 25 year old Bain consultant came up with this and SMU took this hook line and sinker because it raised cash.

Bain, "Ruining university cultures one at a time"

Athletics only runs the boulevard up to the student side. And yes student affairs was "bained" but they are still put in charge of the students. This is why they care so much about risk. I am a student and that is why they have set the new student rules with out athletics input.
midwestpony
Recruit

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Thu May 04, 2017 11:33 am

And concerning the liability issue, I wonder if SMU could actually end up being more on the hook if under the new rule SMU is now the one serving the drunk frat-rat that leaves the Blvd and gets on Central Expressway going the wrong direction? The first question Jim Adler will ask is "who served this guy the booze"?
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby midwestpony » Thu May 04, 2017 11:53 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:And concerning the liability issue, I wonder if SMU could actually end up being more on the hook if under the new rule SMU is now the one serving the drunk frat-rat that leaves the Blvd and gets on Central Expressway going the wrong direction? The first question Jim Adler will ask is "who served this guy the booze"?

SMU dining is managed by aramark (why the mark up will be $10 per beer). Student affairs believes this will cut down on pre-gaming and underage drinking on the boulevard because the id rules will be stricter. They also think some of the alcohol risk will be shifted to aramark.
midwestpony
Recruit

Postby Bergermeister » Thu May 04, 2017 2:06 pm

I just hope we can add more red tape and a few more hoops to jump through before the first
Fake Boulevard (Boulevard Lite). :roll:
Bergermeister

Postby gostangs » Thu May 04, 2017 2:18 pm

And for the record - student affairs is far from understaffed. That department was out of control with needless people - and could probably still be trimmed. I am glad to see SMU get more spending conscious - nobody wants to give to an organization that is not a good steward of its hard earned dollars.
gostangs

Postby leopold » Thu May 04, 2017 3:21 pm

Stallion wrote:Please this has ZERO to do with SMU Football's Success or Failure-Chad Morris will win at SMU with or without our pathetic fanbase

This has to do with whether Biff and Jenny get to scam some free beers without having a 21 year old ID card.

We've had this same thread every year-its Classic melo-dramatic Turner's trying to ruin the Boulevard bitchfest-when in fact Turner invented the Boulevard and none of the changes over the years have amounted to anything

All 100% true.

Stallion wrote:Charge double for any one bringing a dog on a leash for insurance purposes-because we know those [deleted] aren't going to the game

Speak for yourself, crybaby. I've brought my hound dog to multiple tailgates and still managed to go to the game. IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE PROGRAM YOU FIND A WAY.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Thu May 04, 2017 3:26 pm

I've said for at least the last ten years that we need to find a way to get dogs into Ford and count them as butts in seats.
RGV Pony

Postby skyscraper » Thu May 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Bottom line - putting up obstacles in any kind of way is stupid when we are still begging people to come to the stadium.
skyscraper

Postby mrydel » Thu May 04, 2017 4:36 pm

And count double for every butt a dog sniffs.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby PonySnob » Thu May 04, 2017 5:34 pm

IFC has made a more than fair proposal to Dr Vogel and Rick Hart today. Hopefully Dr Vogel thinks about it or the area at the top of the Boulevard will be vacant this coming season.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

PreviousNext

Return to Football