PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Season Tickets

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Season Tickets

Postby footballdad » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:19 pm

smusic 00 wrote:
footballdad wrote:Only team in the country who's season ticket sales are driven by non-conference scheduling instead of the quality and excitement of the actual team.

:roll:

Don't bother supporting this with any evidence. Everything you post comes from God's mouth.

The evidence is in the stands..........or NOT. :lol:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:38 pm

I Wonder how long but hurt lasts. For Goodness sakes.
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:00 pm

footballdad wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:
gostangs wrote:We are far from the only team whose season ticket sales are impacted by the schedule. That îs a ridiculously wrong statement

He is a ridiculously stupid poster

Ridiculous, just ridiculous, haha...........truth hurts ladies.

What's more embarrassing..........begging Texas P5 teams to bring their fans to avoid the embarrassment of a half empty stadium on TV, or looking around and realizing the visiting team fans outnumber the home team fans 2 to 1?

Probably no shame at all for 'ridiculous' whiners like ECM :lol:

someone feels the need to troll :lol:
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby East Coast Mustang » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:32 pm

footballdad wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:
gostangs wrote:We are far from the only team whose season ticket sales are impacted by the schedule. That îs a ridiculously wrong statement

He is a ridiculously stupid poster

Ridiculous, just ridiculous, haha...........truth hurts ladies.

What's more embarrassing..........begging Texas P5 teams to bring their fans to avoid the embarrassment of a half empty stadium on TV, or looking around and realizing the visiting team fans outnumber the home team fans 2 to 1?

Probably no shame at all for 'ridiculous' whiners like ECM :lol:

I'd say it's more embarrassing to sign up for a message board with the username "footballdad" when your son couldn't get an offer from June Jones even though he was assembling one of the least talented rosters in recent FBS history.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby footballdad » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:09 pm

East Coast Herman :lol:

I'm ready for the 'gotcha' questions and they're already starting to come. And when they ask me who is the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan I'm going to say, you know, I don't know. Do you know? And then I'm going to say, 'How's that going to create one job?'
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:20 pm

What a great man.
One Trick Pony

Postby Black Horseshoe » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Don't we play ACU next year? Didn't footballdad's kid get cut from there?
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:31 pm

footballdad wrote:The evidence is in the stands.

I wonder how much of a percentage drop 1000 less season tickets this year represents?

We go from 2 wins to 5 wins and season ticket sales fall dramatically ?

I don't get it.

One of the most painful things about SMU football to me personally is the pathetic crowd
in Ford Stadium in the 4th quarter whether we are winning or losing.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:53 pm

I have a lot of friends who went to SMU and follow the team casually, but they're turned off by a weak home schedule and the fact we haven't been good for 4 or 5 years, so they'd rather go to a bar and watch 5 games at once than sit in Ford. I imagine a lot of you have friends who are the same way. Win games and beat good teams and more people will be interested.

A lot of it is our apathetic fan base (considering we've made an effort to be competitive at the FBS level for about 9 of the past 30 years), while some of it has to do with structural problems being felt at many schools across CFB right now- in the era of smart phones and short attention spans, people don't want to sit in the bleachers and watch one game for 3.5 hours.

It doesn't help that we have a small enrollment and probably half of our alumni leave the Metroplex after graduation--if Wake Forest and Vanderbilt weren't in the ACC and SEC, I imagine they'd have a similar problem.
East Coast Mustang

Postby BIGHORSE » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:23 am

The fans want a good team, but the team deserves better fans, we should be in our

seat before kickoff, wear Mustang gear, and make some noise!!!
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:39 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
footballdad wrote:The evidence is in the stands.

I wonder how much of a percentage drop 1000 less season tickets this year represents?

We go from 2 wins to 5 wins and season ticket sales fall dramatically ?

I don't get it.

One of the most painful things about SMU football to me personally is the pathetic crowd
in Ford Stadium in the 4th quarter whether we are winning or losing.
About 10
RGV Pony

Postby mrydel » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:42 am

The Navy game was probably not a good marketing tool for this years ticket buyers.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby footballdad » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:43 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:I have a lot of friends who went to SMU and follow the team casually, but they're turned off by a weak home schedule and the fact we haven't been good for 4 or 5 years, so they'd rather go to a bar and watch 5 games at once than sit in Ford. I imagine a lot of you have friends who are the same way. Win games and beat good teams and more people will be interested.

A lot of it is our apathetic fan base (considering we've made an effort to be competitive at the FBS level for about 9 of the past 30 years), while some of it has to do with structural problems being felt at many schools across CFB right now- in the era of smart phones and short attention spans, people don't want to sit in the bleachers and watch one game for 3.5 hours.

It doesn't help that we have a small enrollment and probably half of our alumni leave the Metroplex after graduation--if Wake Forest and Vanderbilt weren't in the ACC and SEC, I imagine they'd have a similar problem.

"The American people, Neil, are sick and tired of excuses. They are sick and tired of the blame game." - Herman C

Stop with the excuses ECM, your boy doesn't like them.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:58 pm

maybe for some games they should consider not selling any tickets
in the north endzone to make the sidelines appear full?

before the drop in season ticket news I assumed Ford would be 70% full for North Texas Sate and Stephen F Austin because those schools have so many local alums....does anybody know what we should expect for those 6PM start games?

4 hot games in September probably won't help attendence
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:20 pm

footballdad wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:I have a lot of friends who went to SMU and follow the team casually, but they're turned off by a weak home schedule and the fact we haven't been good for 4 or 5 years, so they'd rather go to a bar and watch 5 games at once than sit in Ford. I imagine a lot of you have friends who are the same way. Win games and beat good teams and more people will be interested.

"The American people, Neil, are sick and tired of excuses. They are sick and tired of the blame game." - Herman C

Stop with the excuses ECM, your boy doesn't like them.

Not excuses, just the reality of the situation. We have a small, apathetic fan base that won't show up unless we're playing good teams and/or actually good. No one with a brain disputes that.

Another reality- your son wasn't good enough to play football for SMU
East Coast Mustang

PreviousNext

Return to Football