PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Season Tickets

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Season Tickets

Postby NTXCoog » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:39 pm

gostangs wrote:We are far from the only team whose season ticket sales are impacted by the schedule. That îs a ridiculously wrong statement

UH season ticket sales are down this year because of schedule although we're above 2 seasons ago. Last year UH had Louisville at home and OU, while a neutral site game, it was included in season tickets. Texas Tech is not at that level although better than your average G5.

Part of our drop was due to no game on the schedule attracting ticket brokers. It was pretty much a given that OU & Louisville were going to sell out and that there would be a solid secondary market for them. This year Tech will likely sell out (thus the 4 game package requirement), but there's not an obvious big secondary market mark up game like last year.
NTXCoog
Varsity

Postby footballdad » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Excuses, excuses, excuses :lol:

The schedule might be one of the best in the entire country for fans. Begin with 7 home games, instead of 6. Plus the bonus of having 3 out of the first 4 at home.........on Saturday.........at 6pm, which is perfect for tailgating. If UConn gets the same 6 o'clock start that would be 4 out of the first 5! Add in an easy early schedule, likely hot start, and best team in years.........

How many other non-P5, or any schools for that matter, have the stars lined up so perfectly for their fans for the first 5 games?

Stop with the damn nonsense people.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:33 pm

footballdad wrote:Excuses, excuses, excuses Stop with the damn nonsense people.

footballdad just curious...if you think all the "excuses"/reasons we've discussed are bogus reasons for our pathetic crowds, then what are the reasons?

Sometimes we are winning and I look around Ford in the early 4th quarter and heck I bet there are more people at a Southlake game.

I know it may sound crazy, but sometimes I've wished we would have made Ford smaller. I realize Ford is already small, but we can't even fill it unless a big name team visits. If we could have built something like Allen High School or Katy HS....real nice with a plan to expand later as the fanbase grows...at least we would not have the "empty stadium" feel for fans and recruits. I know yes the big names would not have come to a 22,000 seat stadium, but I just wish for the time being our stadium was smaller....I hate the "empty stadium" look and feel....depressing as hell.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PerunasHoof » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:41 pm

footballdad wrote:Excuses, excuses, excuses :lol:

The schedule might be one of the best in the entire country for fans. Begin with 7 home games, instead of 6. Plus the bonus of having 3 out of the first 4 at home.........on Saturday.........at 6pm, which is perfect for tailgating. If UConn gets the same 6 o'clock start that would be 4 out of the first 5! Add in an easy early schedule, likely hot start, and best team in years.........

How many other non-P5, or any schools for that matter, have the stars lined up so perfectly for their fans for the first 5 games?

Stop with the damn nonsense people.

The only excuse for poor attendance is years and years of being awful. It doesn't matter if we start the game at 9am, 2pm, or 6pm. Other teams have the same start times and can get people to go to their games.

If we start winning CONSISTENTLY, that will take care of itself. If it doesn't, THEN we have problems.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby PerunasHoof » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
footballdad wrote:Excuses, excuses, excuses Stop with the damn nonsense people.

footballdad just curious...if you think all the "excuses"/reasons we've discussed are bogus reasons for our pathetic crowds, then what are the reasons?

Sometimes we are winning and I look around Ford in the early 4th quarter and heck I bet there are more people at a Southlake game.

I know it may sound crazy, but sometimes I've wished we would have made Ford smaller. I realize Ford is already small, but we can't even fill it unless a big name team visits. If we could have built something like Allen High School or Katy HS....real nice with a plan to expand later as the fanbase grows...at least we would not have the "empty stadium" feel for fans and recruits. I know yes the big names would not have come to a 22,000 seat stadium, but I just wish for the time being our stadium was smaller....I hate the "empty stadium" look and feel....depressing as hell.

It's going to take more than winning one game or having an 8 win season. We still got blown out 46-14 by Texas A&M in 2011 (the year we beat TCU). 2012 we got blown out 59-24 by Baylor and 48-3 by Texas A&M. Those were the years that the team was actually somewhat decent.

The people aren't going to come overnight. It's going to be a process.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby mrydel » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Weren't we to build some sort of an entertainment deck in the north end zone. That would certainly help ease some of the emptiness look.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:09 pm

mrydel wrote:Weren't we to build some sort of an entertainment deck in the north end zone. That would certainly help ease some of the emptiness look.

mrydel you may be on to something. maybe we could re-fit the north end-zone until we grow the fan base into being like a "continuation of the Blvd"...a party zone if you will.....maybe have extra strong free WIFI so all the kids can stare at their phones the entire time....i see kids at concerts that stare at their phones almost the entire show
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:01 pm

I was not suggesting, I thought it was actually announced that something of that nature was going to be done. I do not remember the details but it was going to be some sort of a platform entertainment area.
mrydel

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:00 am

Yes it is part of the pie in the Sky renovation and IPC construction.
smusic 00

Postby mrydel » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:32 am

Got it. Oh well.
mrydel

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 am

smusic 00 wrote:Yes it is part of the pie in the Sky renovation and IPC construction.

Don't hold your breath.
Bergermeister

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:12 pm

footballdad for a day fundraiser. I like it.

New stadium, big name coach and/or top 25 ranking = crowds
See hoops.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby footballdad » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:48 pm

tristatecoog wrote:footballdad for a day fundraiser. I like it.

See hoops.

See hoops :roll:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:52 pm

footballdad wrote:

See hoops.

Yo Fk'O you can't jump on the Hoops bandwagon. There's no misery there.
One Trick Pony

Postby oilpony » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:30 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
footballdad wrote:

See hoops.

Yo Fk'O you can't jump on the Hoops bandwagon. There's no misery there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
oilpony
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football