PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU win over Houston last year

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU win over Houston last year

Postby Chnash318 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:50 am

Anyone remember who was injured on each team last year? I'm on Orangebloods.com (Texas Rivals site) and people keep bringing up the fact that UH had a bunch of injuries as the reason why we beat UH last year, trying to show that we had a bunch of injuries as well. Thanks in advance.
Chnash318
Junior Varsity

Re: SMU win over Houston last year

Postby mrydel » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:26 am

I know after the game they had several bruised egos.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby tristatecoog » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:48 am

I don't recall injuries. That was the Navy game when Bowser, Adams and Taylor were out. Rain conditions, triple option, road game, etc.

For SMU...
#1. UH got word of the Big 12's decision not to expand and the feeling is that players were defeated because it basically meant coaches were not going to stay.
#2. SMU was fired up and had a good game plan. Executed well and kicked our butts.

For Herman, my question is how he turned it around for the Louisville game. We barely beat Tulsa at home on a last second goal line stand and lost at Memphis. The UofL game (plus OU and FSU) gives Horn fans hope that they can do well at USC (at least next year) or vs. OU.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Fresno Mustang » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:11 am

Chnash318 wrote:Anyone remember who was injured on each team last year? I'm on Orangebloods.com (Texas Rivals site) and people keep bringing up the fact that UH had a bunch of injuries as the reason why we beat UH last year, trying to show that we had a bunch of injuries as well. Thanks in advance.

We had to play a freshman QB b/c our starter tore an ACL, we were down to a sophomore and Freshman tailback b/c our starter hurt his hamstring week 1, and our best offensive lineman was out for the year. We probably would have been a bowl team if we didnt get hit so hard with the injury bug last year. UH lost that game b/c Morris out coached Herman.
SMU Class of 2014
Fresno Mustang
All-American

Return to Football