PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

in my 22 years

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

in my 22 years

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:21 pm

footballdad wrote:
mrydel wrote:I would say you put the Hail Mary play on the coaches just like you blame OSU for Dexter Manley not being able to read in college. Both should have learned how to handle that long before arriving at the University level. Plus Morris said they do practice it with and without Sutton. Got to put this in the players, not the coaches.

"Yeah you know we’ve repped that over and over and over and we’ve repped it with Courtland Sutton on the field and that’s just something I didn’t do and obviously hindsight 20/20 I wish I would have put him in there, but I didn’t and [b]that was on me right there[/b]" - Chad Morris

Oh, so that makes it true.

Let's see: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky".

See I can play that game too.

And again I am not arguing the Sutton deal, I am pointing out none of the 11 players that were on the field jumped.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: in my 22 years

Postby Stallion » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:42 pm

I think we're just about done here-aren't we?

Stop worrying about Gary Patterson and start worrying about Gary Anderson too
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Stallion wrote:I think we're just about done here-aren't we?

Blake Anderson you mean
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Treadway21 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Stallion wrote:I think we're just about done here-aren't we?

Why should we worry about Gary Anderson from Thunderbirds Are Go? May he Rest In Peace.

An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby Stallion » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Gary Anderson from Arkansas still scares the [Deleted] out of me-probably cost us a National Championship

"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby peruna81 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:45 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:Obviously rigged by the Russians.

I am in your debt, sir.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby footballdad » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:01 pm

mrydel wrote:
footballdad wrote:
mrydel wrote:I would say you put the Hail Mary play on the coaches just like you blame OSU for Dexter Manley not being able to read in college. Both should have learned how to handle that long before arriving at the University level. Plus Morris said they do practice it with and without Sutton. Got to put this in the players, not the coaches.

"Yeah you know we’ve repped that over and over and over and we’ve repped it with Courtland Sutton on the field and that’s just something I didn’t do and obviously hindsight 20/20 I wish I would have put him in there, but I didn’t and [b]that was on me right there[/b]" - Chad Morris

Oh, so that makes it true.

Let's see: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky".

See I can play that game too.

And again I am not arguing the Sutton deal, I am pointing out none of the 11 players that were on the field jumped.

So a direct admission by Chad, is the same as a lie from Clinton? Now that's some twisted logic....... :lol: :lol:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:06 pm

You are right. A coach had never fallen in his sword. Not everyone blames others like Patterson.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby PoconoPony » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:10 pm

mrydel wrote:You are right. A coach had never fallen in his sword. Not everyone blames others like Patterson.

How about Hillary??
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTime » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:14 pm

What does the former Steelers kicker have to do with all of this?

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyte » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:43 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:of following SMU athletics what occurred at the end of the 1st half is the most egregious coaching mistake I've witnessed. it is not defendable and it basically ended this game. I know some will defend Morris but not having Courtland on the goal line as a defender is something every decent high school coach would do. His play calling which is highly questionable is bad enough, but this oversight against our rival in a game we could have won is unforgivable

First, in the last 30 years, much less 22 years, we never had that many players that close to watch a successful Hail Mary. Most never even got within 10 yards of the receiver. Vast improvement.

One obviously doesn't remember the glory days when 4th and 53 from the 3 yardline was routinely converted. We had a stretch where anything 3rd or 4th and +40 was an automatic first down!

I think nostalgically back to the Bennett years when the defense in unison yelled out 'all out' as if the offense couldn't figure out what that meant. And that is nothing but coaching.

Remember the glory years under Caven when the coaching staff not only failed to teach our players to protect the ball, but made sure our players fumbled where only the opponents could recover and run it back for a TD.

And poor Keylon Kincade must have had every joint in his body replaced by now cause our coaching staff never figured out how to coach the O-line to even attempt to block.

Sorry, far worse coaching has occurred.
ponyte

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:31 am

ponyte wrote:First, in the last 30 years, much less 22 years, we never had that many players that close to watch a successful Hail Mary. Most never even got within 10 yards of the receiver. Vast improvement.

Very underrated comment
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Mexmustang » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:03 am

So why didn't we eat up the clock prior to the FG attempt? The last play of the half should have been the kick off.

Malone has never been anything other than a DB coach. He was a last minute replacement for Chad's Defensive Coordinator that left after two weeks on the Hilltop. I've heard lots of excuses why we never replaced the DC with someone with DC experience, including low pay levels for our assistants, but who knows. Probably heard it from one of the assistants.

They were bigger, faster and.....much better coached!
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 am

Tempo!!!
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Puckhead48E » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:12 am

The level of stupid on that play was pretty high. Sadly, that quantity has surely been exceeded by exponential levels by the level of gross idiocy in here.

Y'all are a collective of superstars just begging to form the mouth-breathing backdrop of a Sally Struthers infomercial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football