PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Gary Patterson gonna Gary Patterson

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Gary Patterson gonna Gary Patterson

Postby SMU89 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Gary is just showing great humility.....not wanting to take credit for helping SMU

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
SMU89
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:27 pm

I remember games that tcu had before they went to the B12 where they faced teams that were much faster and bigger than they were, and I don't remember him saying [deleted] then when he would be competitive. Great coaching and preparation can minimize deficiencies and make games much more competitive. He did that for most of his tenure as the toad coach. He's a great coach but he's a [deleted]. His comment is made clearly out of anger and resentment that he's always had at SMU, and the fact is that we're closer to them than he wants to admit, not so much because we're good but the fact that they are not that great. We should be better at this point, and teams that don't have as many deficiencies as we do will expose them.

If he faces Alabama, I would argue that Bama can hang 80 on them, so could a handful of teams. Hopefully Ok St can do us a favor, and have him eat some crow.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Puckhead48E » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 am

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:I remember games that tcu had before they went to the B12 where they faced teams that were much faster and bigger than they were, and I don't remember him saying [deleted] then when he would be competitive. Great coaching and preparation can minimize deficiencies and make games much more competitive. He did that for most of his tenure as the toad coach. He's a great coach but he's a [deleted]. His comment is made clearly out of anger and resentment that he's always had at SMU, and the fact is that we're closer to them than he wants to admit, not so much because we're good but the fact that they are not that great. We should be better at this point, and teams that don't have as many deficiencies as we do will expose them.

If he faces Alabama, I would argue that Bama can hang 80 on them, so could a handful of teams. Hopefully Ok St can do us a favor, and have him eat some crow.

Remind me how TCU getting handled by OU and OSU would be doing us a favor? Let's get past the emotional "TCU sucks" crap as well as the "SMU sucks because Morris is secretly crushing on some other girl and my kid's only playing time was holding a clipboard" crap and be a bit logical.

Best thing for us is for TCU to hold B12 opponents to limited yardage and do well. We played them with a banged-up backfield, a new starter on OL, and were missing the back-up who we hoped would provide that change of tempo to put their defense on their heels. We had multiple bad plays and unforced errors, yet we still put up a lot more than that crappy SEC team.

And [deleted] because he stated, basically, that his offense could have played much better is the crappy way of [deleted] at them for being handled in portions of the game.

I'm terrified for some of you when this program really gets turned-around. The amount of self-loathing and deprecating crap you spout...wouldn't be shocked if many left because they couldn't handle success without [deleted] about it.
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby SmooBoy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:08 am

Gary being a great coach has no effect on the fact he's an @$$.
SmooBoy

Postby soccermom » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:11 am

Personally, I would be happy if they lost every game on their schedule. Who knows, that might help us more than some could imagine.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ender3 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:48 am

Puckhead48E wrote:Best thing for us is for TCU to hold B12 opponents to limited yardage and do well.

Serious question, why?

Best thing for us is to play well in conference, and take care of Arkansas State.

We're not playing for a spot in the playoff, there are no rewards for strength of schedule.

The TCU game is over, we got beat soundly, but not throttled. Ok.

Now, go get bowl eligible, try to get a conference title, and win a bowl game. TCU's over. No one is going to remember it in two weeks, including TCU.
Stallion doesn't think I'm a stinkin' genius anymore.
ender3
All-American

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:48 am

Puckhead48E wrote:Remind me how TCU getting handled by OU and OSU would be doing us a favor?

It would prove that there is Karma in college football.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:49 am

GP speaks the truth. Everyone knows it.
Pony ^

Postby RufusKing » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:21 am

Patterson's chip on the shoulder? Why? A significant number of TCU alums with that same chip...why? They know that SMU is a better school, no doubt. Superior academics, across the board. A higher quality kid, overall. A campus that is beautiful, second to none. Dallas v Ft. Worth. A successful and highly regarded group of graduates, etc., etc., etc...So, all they really have against us is football. Period. Explains why they collectively so weirdly lash out. Sort of reminds me in a strange way like listening to 'Bama fans rag on Auburn, all they have is football in Tuscaloosa. PonyUP!...blessed and glad my sheepskin says "Southern Methodist University" (with correct spelling.... ;) )
RufusKing
Recruit

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:08 pm

RufusKing wrote:Patterson's chip on the shoulder? Why? A significant number of TCU alums with that same chip...why? They know that SMU is a better school, no doubt. Superior academics, across the board. A higher quality kid, overall. A campus that is beautiful, second to none. Dallas v Ft. Worth. A successful and highly regarded group of graduates, etc., etc., etc...So, all they really have against us is football. Period. Explains why they collectively so weirdly lash out. Sort of reminds me in a strange way like listening to 'Bama fans rag on Auburn, all they have is football in Tuscaloosa. PonyUP!...blessed and glad my sheepskin says "Southern Methodist University" (with correct spelling.... ;) )

Rufus, having been raised in Fort Worth, I can say that you are entirely correct. TCU and Fort Worth have a well deserved inferiority complex.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby Mexmustang » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:32 pm

I would have thought there would be a little more introspection concerning our own defensive staff rather that the opposing team's defensive coaching staff that resulted in our QB completing more completions to their backs than Sutton.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby peruna81 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:53 pm

At one time, Ron Meyer faced the "you score too much against bad teams" moniker...at the time, Rice fans got their pants in a wad because we "ran it up" on them. I remember a banner at Texas Stadium the next year playing Rice:

"RUN IT UP AGAIN. RON"

I've got no problem with Gary Patterson. He is a GREAT coach. I wish he was ours. He knows how to win. He knows how to coach. He knows how to sweat.

Yeah, that too.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Gary Patterson gonna Gary Patterson

Postby Treadway21 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:22 pm

For Pete's sake no one is complaining Coach Pee (I like the nick name the fox announcers gave him. It fits) ran the score up.

We are complaining that he is a complete [deleted] hat. How can that even be disputed?
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Thread title now morphing into.....

Ponyfans gonna Ponyfan

:lol:
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Treadway21 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:52 pm

You know I wish he wasn't such an [deleted] cause then I could possibly pull for them the rest of the season to make SMU look good by the amount of points we put on his vaunted defense. But cause he is such a sweaty ahole I will be very pleased every time the wanker loses.

At least, by the law of transitive property, we are a better team than Arkansas by a point.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

PreviousNext

Return to Football