PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Good Luck the rest of the way

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Good Luck the rest of the way

Postby gostangs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:41 pm

As much as I dislike TCU - there isn't enough room on the scoreboard for where I hope that score ends up vs Baylor. Ill be a frog fan for the first time ever that game.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:57 pm

gostangs wrote:As much as I dislike TCU - there isn't enough room on the scoreboard for where I hope that score ends up vs Baylor. Ill be a frog fan for the first time ever that game.

Time to flex my programming knowledge:
If the scoreboard is an 8-bit unsigned integer, I am rooting for TCU to overflow it against BU (RU).

In the old video games, the score would max out for an 8-bit uint at 255 and the next increase in points to take it over 255 would make it display zero to 6 depending on the previous score. This is the best way I've ever used the Computer Science knowledge gained at SMU.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ReedFrawg » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:13 pm

PonyTime wrote:
ReedFrawg wrote:Thanks guys...I would be a little disappointed if you pulled for TCU to win out! Of course I hope you can find it in your hearts to pull for us against Baylor at a minimum.

I am rooting for Baylor to go 0-11 and then somehow produce a win against TCU in their final game, knocking the Frogs out of a Bowl :-)

This should sound familiar to RF - I think he was a participant in a game like that once...

(we really do appreciate your take on SMU though - always good to get the other perspective around here!)

Ha yes I remember 1997 very well...lol
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby smudubs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:44 pm

ReedFrawg wrote:
PonyTime wrote:
ReedFrawg wrote:Thanks guys...I would be a little disappointed if you pulled for TCU to win out! Of course I hope you can find it in your hearts to pull for us against Baylor at a minimum.

I am rooting for Baylor to go 0-11 and then somehow produce a win against TCU in their final game, knocking the Frogs out of a Bowl :-)

This should sound familiar to RF - I think he was a participant in a game like that once...

(we really do appreciate your take on SMU though - always good to get the other perspective around here!)

Ha yes I remember 1997 very well...lol

There are four games I wish I could forget. Navy in 95, Wisconsin in 95, Wyoming in 97 and most of all, TCU 97. If either Kelsey Adams or D. Womack play that game our bowl drought ends in 97. Womack didn't play becasue someone told Cavan that he heard a voice that sounded like Donte's after curfew so he sat that one out.
Ponyfans.com voice of reason
smudubs
Varsity

Postby ReedFrawg » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

1997 was a very long season....
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Good Luck the rest of the way

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm

96 Wyoming was a very long and cold day. Do you mean that one? Or was 97 worse?

Was that the coldest game SMU has ever played? It was around 15 degrees F. We replaced the Gatorade with hot broth. Wyoming moved to the visitors side because it was in the sun. And we lost by 40 something.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby stc9 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:06 pm

I will cheer for TCU [ohhh God, I just threw up in my mouth a little] against Rape U. However, I only want them to win by three, or less. This way I will get to see Gary, the a$$clown, Fatterson's meltdown (which will be epic) and I get to watch the sanctimonious hypocrites choke on it.

Sadly, being a SMU fan, I take pleasure in the misery of others.
Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
stc9
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football