PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chad's Comments on Hail Mary

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Chad's Comments on Hail Mary

Postby PonyTime » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Really does not make me feel any better about this coaching staff...

"Yeah you know we’ve repped that over and over and over and we’ve repped it with Courtland Sutton on the field and that’s just something I didn’t do and obviously hindsight 20/20 I wish I would have put him in there, but I didn’t and that was on me right there, But yes, we’ve worked it all during fall camp with him on the field, but we had guys in position, we didn’t execute."

"We had too many guys looking at the football and they had one guy jumping and that’s not what we’ve done, that’s not the way we’ve practiced it, in a situation you pick your guys up at the 10-15-yard line and you box out and you’ve got to get up in front of their jumper and go up with it and try to contest the ball and we didn’t do it, we didn’t execute it so that’s unfortunate because it was a key moment in that game,"
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Chad's Comments on Hail Mary

Postby Mexmustang » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Well Coach, Why didn't you run the clock down to less than 10 seconds prior to the FG attempt? You let TCU score by leaving 30 seconds on the clock prior to half time. Forget the Hail Mary and our kids with glue on their shiny new shoes, TCU shouldn't have had the time.

SMU Oxymoron--Chrome plated face guards and using eye black? For the sun or the reflection from the face guards?

When are we going to play defense? Our defensive coaching staff needs a real wake up call or a walk out call. No. 4 missed an arm tackle on the running TD returned for a penalty, then on the very next play (replay), TCU pin pointed him a second time as his man scored a touchdown on a pass. Two touchdowns on two consecutive plays! The kid looked completely lost--that comes down to coaching.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby angryfan04 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Because CM is not about running the clock out; we're up tempo now. Look at the UNT game. We up big in the 3rd quarter, and we are snapping the ball with 20 plus seconds on the play clock. Went 3 and out one time and only ran 30 seconds off the clock and then gave up a big play and TD in the 3rd when we could have easily been in the 4th qtr. We're up tempo now - get with the program.....
angryfan04
Varsity

Postby CA Mustang » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:39 am

Mexmustang wrote:Well Coach, Why didn't you run the clock down to less than 10 seconds prior to the FG attempt? You let TCU score by leaving 30 seconds on the clock prior to half time. Forget the Hail Mary and our kids with glue on their shiny new shoes, TCU shouldn't have had the time.

That's wasn't an option. The two plays before the FG attempt were both incomplete passes in the end zone, so the clock stopped after each play. Unless you would have rather run on 3rd down than pass, bleeding the clock wasn't possible.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Mexmustang » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:55 am

Thanks, still angry, which clouds my brain...
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:15 am

UT and UT (Texas and Tennessee) both had final play long pass TDs scored on them (one at half time and one for a game winner) so I guess we can always get one of their coaches to SMU since they should obviously be fired.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Designated jumper :?: Everybody knows you watch the guy you're guarding with one eye, and
QB's eyes with the other. When he throws it you get lock on, and immediately to go the point
its heading to play the ball or if you're a little late the receiver.

Looked like they all were too imtimidated to take charge, and maybe make a mistake :!: :!:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby footballdad » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:01 pm

PlanoStang wrote:Designated jumper :?: Everybody knows you watch the guy you're guarding with one eye, and
QB's eyes with the other. When he throws it you get lock on, and immediately to go the point
its heading to play the ball or if you're a little late the receiver.

Looked like they all were too imtimidated to take charge, and maybe make a mistake :!: :!:

Can you actually see a QB's eyes from 50 yards away?

"too intimidated to take charge"..................intimidated by what exactly? :roll:
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby PlanoStang » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:54 am

Looks like old Reagor could. He obviously saw the ball come off the QB's hand, locked on to its
trajectory, and timed his jump perfectly :!: All while 6 DBs were trying to find the ball, and
remember who the "designated jumper" was. :lol:

It's kinda like an outfielder watching the ball come off the bat.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football