PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OK I've listen to you moan and groan..poor us.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PK » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 pm

TCU has obviously got a great defense, but...we got 463 yards of offense on them and 36 points. Best SEC Arkansas could do was 267 yards and 7 points. We are still behind the curve on building our defense, but two plays out of 79 offensive plays and that 3 second hail Mary is the difference in the score and pretty much the total yardage difference. Stop [deleted] ing. We looked a hell of a lot better than we have in a long time.

GO MUSTANGS BEAT ARKY STATE!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: OK I've listen to you moan and groan..poor us.

Postby BUS » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:09 am

Better is better. We are not deep enough with good enough players. Chad Morris AND staff are doing a great job.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby SmooBoy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:18 am

The mentality of our fans is to [deleted] and moan, so no surprises. HCCM will use the loss to motivate. Time to learn, grow, and beat Arky St.
SmooBoy

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:31 am

I agree.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby footballdad » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:58 am

PK wrote:TCU has obviously got a great defense, but...we got 463 yards of offense on them and 36 points. Best SEC Arkansas could do was 267 yards and 7 points. We are still behind the curve on building our defense, but two plays out of 79 offensive plays and that 3 second hail Mary is the difference in the score and pretty much the total yardage difference. Stop [deleted] ing. We looked a hell of a lot better than we have in a long time.

The 'TCU has a great defense' myth persists. Jackson St doesn't count, and Arkansas will be lucky to win 4 games this year (Florida A&M, NM St, Coastal, Mizzou). Let's see how the TCU defense stacks up after Okie St, WVU & K St over the next 3 weeks.

Win 2 of those 3, and keep Okie St in check and TCU may just have a great defense.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby geno » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:01 am

PK wrote:TCU has obviously got a great defense, but...we got 463 yards of offense on them and 36 points. Best SEC Arkansas could do was 267 yards and 7 points. We are still behind the curve on building our defense, but two plays out of 79 offensive plays and that 3 second hail Mary is the difference in the score and pretty much the total yardage difference. Stop [deleted] ing. We looked a hell of a lot better than we have in a long time.

Pick out three key plays in most games and take them away, and the score would be different.
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby ReedFrawg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:52 pm

I agree. If we wouldn't have bit on 2 trick plays, fumbled in our own territory, thrown a lateral that set up a score and botched a FG snap it could have been very different. There are always a few plays each way that make a difference.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby Topper » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:57 pm

ReedFrawg wrote:I agree. If we wouldn't have bit on 2 trick plays, fumbled in our own territory, thrown a lateral that set up a score and botched a FG snap it could have been very different. There are always a few plays each way that make a difference.

Back in the 80s we beat a Jackie Sherrill coached Aggie team 44-9. He said that the outcome hinged on 3 plays. I guess you had to be an A&M math major to figure that one out.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Well I would bet one of those 3 plays was when Kubiak broke his ankle which might have made a difference at least in his mind. I do not think
It was not going to matter however.
Last edited by mrydel on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby PK » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:32 pm

geno wrote:

Pick out three key plays in most games and take them away, and the score would be different.

The point I was trying to make was that for the other 76 offensive plays TCU had we played them at the same level of play that they played against us. Yes, the three big plays they made is the difference and a loss is a loss. Other than those three plays, we played a good game...maybe not great, but good. We are a much improved team from last year. Need more defensive players with speed in the next recruiting class.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:06 pm

We also beat A&M 21-21 in the 90s
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Pony ^ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:22 pm

we are moaning and groaning bc HCCM and co will be gone and we will have to start from square one...once again
Pony ^

Postby sbsmith » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:42 pm

Pony ^ wrote:we are moaning and groaning bc HCCM and co will be gone and we will have to start from square one...once again

We're at square two, at least this time the new regime won't inherit a one-win team :mrgreen:
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby TidePony » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Nonsense, this team is no where near square one, in fact, if Chad leaves, the new coach will be set up for success. Chad inherited a 5 alarm dumpster fire. Settle down, enjoy the team, stop bringing your dogs to the blvd, and invite your friends to a game.
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:22 pm

TidePony wrote:Nonsense, this team is no where near square one, in fact, if Chad leaves, the new coach will be set up for success. Chad inherited a 5 alarm dumpster fire. Settle down, enjoy the team, stop bringing your dogs to the blvd, and invite your friends to a game.

"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Next

Return to Football