PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Peruna is the coolest mascot

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Peruna is the coolest mascot

Postby bubba pony » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:58 am

bubba pony
Heisman

Re: Peruna is the coolest mascot

Postby gostangs » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:13 am

This brings to mind a question - does anyone know what the process is for choosing Peruna handlers?

This seems like an area we could improve from a branding standpoint. These guys should be athletes - first and foremost - maybe ex track guys or others that really know how to sprint. And yes - they should be men, which it looks like they finally went back to vs the gender experiment.

It would also be nice if it was an honor that guys had to try out for and win - based on a variety of factors. They are the face of our university for a lot of folks who don't know us, and not to be mean, but it would be great if that didn't include getting dragged across the field.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:21 am

Peruna IX has been badass since introduced.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby MV pony » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:30 am

BEST badass EVER!
MV pony
All-American

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:10 am

gostangs wrote:This brings to mind a question - does anyone know what the process is for choosing Peruna handlers?

This seems like an area we could improve from a branding standpoint. These guys should be athletes - first and foremost - maybe ex track guys or others that really know how to sprint. And yes - they should be men, which it looks like they finally went back to vs the gender experiment.

It would also be nice if it was an honor that guys had to try out for and win - based on a variety of factors. They are the face of our university for a lot of folks who don't know us, and not to be mean, but it would be great if that didn't include getting dragged across the field.

Now people complain about the Peruna handlers too? Also, Google is tremendous:

http://www.smudailycampus.com/news/do-y ... na-handler
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby Stallion » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:24 pm

There are plenty of female track athletes that could easily handle Peruna a helluva lot better than that guy. But we do need some athletes

"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby No Quarter » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:27 pm

No question we have the coolest mascot.

I was surprised that the listed requirements don't include some modicum of horse sense although one candidate at least "liked" horses.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:29 pm

gostangs wrote:Does anyone know what the process is for choosing Peruna handlers?

Applicants answer 2 questions: Who's your daddy? and What is your daddy's donor level?
Bergermeister

Postby RufusKing » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:10 pm

For years, decades, the Peruna handlers were always ATO's...not sure about the process now.
RufusKing
Recruit

Postby malonish » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:23 pm

"Sixteen students showed up to Ford Field Thursday evening to compete for the three open spots on Perinea’s 7-member team. "

:oops: :evil:
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smustatesman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:58 pm

RufusKing wrote:For years, decades, the Peruna handlers were always ATO's...not sure about the process now.

That's what I remember. Craig Warner and Doug Middleton, both swim team members and ATOs, 1971.
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby EastStang » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:18 pm

Has Peruna IX followed the Peruna tradition of biting women's rears?
Of course Peruna I set the standard by killing the Fordham ram. Hard to top that. And VII got jiggly with Tech's horse. Gotta love that Pony.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby gostangs » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:28 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:
gostangs wrote:This brings to mind a question - does anyone know what the process is for choosing Peruna handlers?

Yes - how can you NOT complain about them. You've seen them attempt to run - right?
gostangs

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:52 pm

I love Peruna too.

I wonder if I donated enough change if I could be buried along side Peruna in Ford Stadium?

Man that would be one sweet burial site.

http://www.smudailycampus.com/news/masc ... ent-spirit
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:40 pm

gostangs wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:

Yes - how can you NOT complain about them. You've seen them attempt to run - right?

You must be new around here, because they've never fallen before this year...

Also, haven't you heard? Any publicity is good publicity. At least we're making Gameday, and not because our program is a joke.

Lastly, how am I able to not complain? Because I have a life...
PerunasHoof
All-American

Next

Return to Football