PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Peruna is the coolest mascot

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Peruna is the coolest mascot

Postby No Quarter » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:28 pm

PerunasHoof said, in part:

Also, haven't you heard? Any publicity is good publicity. At least we're making Gameday, and not because our program is a joke.

Don't be too sure after THE PLAY last week. Unfortunately stills and videos of uor planted defenders will be in the TCU highlight film and annual, and in any blooper of the year feature on TV, maybe SNL and Laugh In and shown to any DB that SMU other schools are trying to recruit.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:40 am

No Quarter wrote:Don't be too sure after THE PLAY last week. Unfortunately stills and videos of uor planted defenders will be in the TCU highlight film and annual, and in any blooper of the year feature on TV, maybe SNL and Laugh In and shown to any DB that SMU other schools are trying to recruit.

Yes we do have a good chance of being on "you had one job" again this week - no doubt about that!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PerunasHoof » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:12 am

No Quarter wrote:PerunasHoof said, in part:

Also, haven't you heard? Any publicity is good publicity. At least we're making Gameday, and not because our program is a joke.

Don't be too sure after THE PLAY last week. Unfortunately stills and videos of uor planted defenders will be in the TCU highlight film and annual, and in any blooper of the year feature on TV, maybe SNL and Laugh In and shown to any DB that SMU other schools are trying to recruit.

Haha, touché. I may have spoken too soon.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:31 am

PerunasHoof wrote: You must be new around here, because they've never fallen before this year...

Ha. They've fallen quite a number of times since I've been going to games (1956). I wasn't surprised; it happens to the best of 'em. Never say "never". :wink:
Bergermeister

Postby b_caesar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:52 am

gostangs wrote:These guys should be athletes - first and foremost - maybe ex track guys or others that really know how to sprint. And yes - they should be men, which it looks like they finally went back to vs the gender experiment.

Seriously? There have been women Peruna Handlers over the years, and they have done quite well, actually. It's a pretty strenuous tryout, as you've hopefully seen from other posts in this thread. If you can prove you're able to do it during the tryout, then you should be considered to win the job. Gender should never play into the decision. Not One. Single. Bit.

Don't worry. Be Happy. Or not.
b_caesar
Heisman

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:00 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:You must be new around here, because they've never fallen before this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0fr6QfzrXg
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:09 pm

yeah its happened several times over the years-I do think the current Peruna is a tad bit feistier than others -maybe just younger. This one like to kick at the end of his run often
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby PerunasHoof » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:You must be new around here, because they've never fallen before this year

Hopefully you could tell I was being sarcastic
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby The Falcon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:11 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:

Hopefully you could tell I was being sarcastic

I have been a Peruna fan since 1968. Not only have several fallen, but I have a friend from
Plano who was a Peruna Handler and he fell and broke his leg in Ownby Stadium, and he
was a very good athlete.
The Falcon
All-American

Previous

Return to Football