PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Prediction

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Prediction

Postby Dwan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Sonny Dykes will be the next SMU coach.

I know we have a coach. I'm just calling it now.
Last edited by Dwan on Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwan
Heisman

Re: Prediction

Postby mustangxc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:10 pm

Never in a million years. Sonny Dykes maybe, Spike no way.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:13 pm

No fricken way
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Pony81 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Nope. Damaged goods.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby leopold » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:13 am

TT has shown life and will probably go bowling this year. If that [deleted] Sumlin hadn’t managed to blow a 5 TD lead we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna81 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:48 am

leopold wrote:TT has shown life and will probably go bowling this year. If that [deleted] Sumlin hadn’t managed to blow a 5 TD lead we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

I'm afraid we will have this conversation, no matter what Aggie does...other P5s will come calling around Christmas.

Morris took a look at the lowest of the low P5 teams in Texas last year...a program that is going to be dope-slapped by the Feds and then the ncaa...and still considered leaving. Others, perhaps not here in Texas, are going to come calling....and soon.

I'm betting Tennessee or Texas Tech.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:03 am

Ole Miss
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby TidePony » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:06 am

My SEC connections are saying he's on many ADs short list. Especially at 10RC , Arkansas, and the Aggies (Those are 4 to 6 mill $$$ jobs). Chad's smart and he's a winner! I just hope we have our ducks together and move quickly.

When Chad arrived, SMU was a tornado ravaged waste land. Now, we have a full stable of good athletes and the right coach can take us to the next step. The only place we need quick and vast improvement is student attendance (I think block seating with consequences will fix it... it does at Bama).

Winning will bring in the fair weather and sidewalk fans.

Beat HOUSTON!!!
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:17 am

Tennessee might come after him but I have to believe Morris would like to stay in Texas and just might wait for the job he thinks he can still use his Texas recruiting connections to build the roster he needs. One prediction is certain...that he will not stay at SMU much longer so let's just try to enjoy the time we have and hope our AD finds a good replacement. Just remember how disappointed a lot of TCU people were when Fran went to Bama. Chad is laying the foundation here but the commitment needs to gain momentum that is coming very slowly at this point.
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:18 am

With Bob Stoops, Les Miles, Chip Kelly, et al sitting out there, I cannot imagine an upper level P5 program taking Chad unless there are some underlying issue such as Ole Miss. Arkansas not only has a 12,000,000 buyout, but they have banjo playing, gun toting, fans that will riot if they do not get the ghost of Frank Broyles or his equivalent.
mrydel

Postby 03Mustang » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:19 am

Someone finally wanting to hire our coach away ----> progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:21 am

Definitely
mrydel

Postby Stallion » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:11 am

If SMU wins 7 games Chad will be high on the list of every big opening in the South. You guys keep talking about big schools not wanting to take a Coach with just one 7-8 win season but ADs aren't that shallow in their analysis. Chad's resume also includes installing the Clemson offense, recruiting the offensive foundation of a National Champion and developing Deshaun Watson (not to mention his success at Tulsa). Then you add going from 1 win to 7-8 wins in 3 years at a total rebuild like SMU and his resume is GOLD especially if SMU finishes in say the Top 10 in Total Offense.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:23 am

Stallion wrote:If SMU wins 7 games Chad will be high on the list of every big opening in the South. You guys keep talking about big schools not wanting to take a Coach with just one 7-8 win season but ADs aren't that shallow in their analysis. Chad's resume also includes installing the Clemson offense, recruiting the offensive foundation of a National Champion and developing Deshaun Watson (not to mention his success at Tulsa). Then you add going from 1 win to 7-8 wins in 3 years at a total rebuild like SMU and his resume is GOLD especially if SMU finishes in say the Top 10 in Total Offense.

I guess you're assuming all those big openings at schools in the South will not watch game film to see that Morris is very average to bad at in game coaching and decisions? I would not want to be that AD.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Oregon Mustang » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:08 pm

Well, if he is planning on going to an SEC school he better be prepared to waive the A&M escape clause. No way any of those schools, and there will be several, will accept that. His best bet would be Big 12 but I don't see any openings there now that Tech is showing signs of life.
Oregon Mustang

Next

Return to Football