PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CROWD MAKES ME PUKE --- DO WE HAVE ANY STUDENTS?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: CROWD MAKES ME PUKE --- DO WE HAVE ANY STUDENTS?

Postby Pony Boss » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:31 pm

MV pony wrote:I suspect CM's one foot out the door persona is also a recruit turnoff.

I don’t think Chad Morris is going anywhere until he can win championships for SMU.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:47 pm

Pony Boss wrote:
MV pony wrote:I suspect CM's one foot out the door persona is also a recruit turnoff.

I don’t think Chad Morris is going anywhere until he can win championships for SMU.

We can only hope that turns out to be the case, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sbsmith » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:10 pm

Every good, young coach in the G5 has that persona. The far bigger issue in recruiting is our lousy attendance.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:28 pm

sbsmith wrote:

Every good, young coach in the G5 has that persona. The far bigger issue in recruiting is our lousy attendance.

Not an issue at all. Everyone knows you build a fanbase with sustained on field success as well as great institutional support. You need to build on the school spirit. It seems the institution got it right in basketball and they are now doing the same in football. Give it time, this is not like the previous Pye or post Pye years.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football