PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SID? Game day experience

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SID? Game day experience

Postby mrydel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:55 pm

I find they do a replay immediately after the play. The problem I have is that it is IMMEDIATELY after the play and if you do not look the instant the play is over, you miss it.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby gostangs » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:36 pm

The wifi is no longer an issue. Works fine - better than any other venue I know of
gostangs

Postby Mexmustang » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:52 pm

The Club is even worse. In almost two decades they still can't get the sound right! People are openly complaining now, I guess we lost the really old alumni. Bad enough they couldn't sell out this year, but making your better donors frustrated is not a good idea. This is silly! We have no crowd noise, have no music from Mustang Band save for halftime and then it is late and not necessarily synchronized. Watching the game in the club is like sitting in a goldfish bowl, without sound. Jerry is the only one that hears the game sounds, the rest of us sit in a deadly quiet, sterile environment.

Our AD is on the sideline during the game. Never, ever saw a Div ! AD on the sideline of a football game. Never ever wears red. INot talking up to his donors. He has done nothing that we have seen to promote attendance. When one of our outside consultants suggested we send an email to every alumni of our two Texas opponents to come watch their team at Ford, his response was, "No, what if there fans outnumber ours?" I kid you not. But then if all you hire is someone to carry the water for Turner, that's all you get.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

SID? Game day experience

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:44 pm

If it sucks so bad (which it does) don’t sit there. Obviously others figured it out.
smusic 00

Postby Grant Carter » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Have to sit there to be able to [deleted] about the AD not sitting there.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:35 pm

doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you want crowd noise you might want to sit with the crowd, not with the blue hairs. The club seats are for little ol ladies so they can socialize while their husbands find a box with beer and outside access.
gostangs

Postby SmooBoy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:37 pm

Or just have windows that can open. The comfort of the seats will not change with patio type climate control. Being in the club is like watching it on TV with a worse vantage point.
SmooBoy

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:08 pm

CargoGunki wrote:SMU definitely has a strong presence in the empty seat market.

UH student section tickets not only have sold out every home game so far, but it alone outnumber most SMU games.

What SMU folks don't seem to understand is that in order to build a fanbase, they have to come to see the home team play, not the opponent.

Wow, Cougar King hit the nail right in the head, seriously. :shock:
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:25 pm

FWIW, I brought first timers to two games this year and they had a blast. Both huge longhorn fan millennium types. Got lots of compliments on the presentation and on field product. Complaining will not help anything. Enjoy the ride and tell your friends.
smusic 00

Postby NewAgeMustange » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 pm

Brought several fans no complaints about the product or the beers or the wins. Only about unt fans.... but I agree on cell service. Only b/c I won't connect to public wifi. I'm also confused with the student section. Seems like less than last year, are they shutting down the student from the blvd earlier than previous years? And everyone is leaving campus before the game is starting.? For truth, I haven't made a blvd in a couple years but we show up for the games.
NewAgeMustange
Varsity

Postby 78pony » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:09 pm

I know our SID at least occasionally monitors this site. You would think/hope that an answer to my question about passing along scores during the game would be met with an answer, or ...
78pony
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:54 pm

SID has always requested you email him direct if you desire a timely answer. He does only occasionally visit this site.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby ReedFrawg » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Pony Boss wrote:Agree on this. I know TCU hired Disney a while ago to help on the gameday experience.
https://www.tcu360.com/story/32509tcu-a ... xperience/

At first I thought it was a strange idea but it has made a huge difference in gameday presentation. The gameday experience at arky this year sucked compared to our home games. One of the key differences has been more live crowd shots which gets and keeps fans (and students) engaged.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football