PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tempo Talk 10/2

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tempo Talk 10/2

Postby PerunasHoof » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:38 pm

Tempo Talk had a great showing tonight and was otherwise great, except I have never been more embarrassed to be an SMU alum.

About three quarters of the way through a guy in his 60's got up and got upset with Rich and Chad that his question wasn't answered during the answer the coach segment. They went back on air and Peruna (human mascot) was sitting on the stage like they had been doing the entire night. While the show was going on the guy yelled out angrily, "get off the stage!" to Peruna. Peruna looked a little surprised (as much as a mascot can) but walked off to the corner. Everyone heard and was taken aback.

After the show ended I walked up to this guy and asked what the hell was wrong with him and he shouldn't yell at our mascot. He said that Peruna was a distraction and shouldn't be there. He appeared a little drunk and thankfully his two friends sided with me and told him he was wrong. He got up and stormed out.

Afterwards in the parking lot we saw Peruna, who happens to be a 19/20 yr old GIRL. She seemed upset and said it was her first year and all she was told was to act funny.

Bottom line: What a jerk. Don't yell at our mascot who happens to be 19/20 year girl who does this because she wants to, not because she's getting a benefit. These people take time out of their day to attend these events.

If you're reading this- Don't come back to Tempo Talk
PerunasHoof
All-American

Re: Tempo Talk 10/2

Postby skyscraper » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:44 pm

Awkward
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:46 pm

Probably Wild Mustang wanting to know why Hicks is still playing.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:56 pm

Wow what an idiot. I hate people who can’t be civil. If it bothers you, just leave for goodness sake. If your question doesn’t happen, wait till after the segment and go up and ask politely. If that doesn’t work, well,
grow up and wait for the next tempo talk. Geez. If it was close to me, I would go. Any good info from the crew?
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:11 pm

We can't have nice things
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby PerunasHoof » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:15 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Wow what an idiot. I hate people who can’t be civil. If it bothers you, just leave for goodness sake. If your question doesn’t happen, wait till after the segment and go up and ask politely. If that doesn’t work, well,
grow up and wait for the next tempo talk. Geez. If it was close to me, I would go. Any good info from the crew?

Same ole same ole. Coach did mention attendance (shocker). Does know they need to put a quality product on the field, feels they are doing so. I have a bad feeling we might be 6-1 (receiving votes) playing Tulsa on a Friday night in front of 20,000 people. It's going to take a CONSISTENT (year over year) good product to equal attendance, I hope he sticks around that long.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby sbsmith » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:25 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:
I have a bad feeling we might be 6-1 (receiving votes) playing Tulsa on a Friday night in front of 20,000 people.

We'll have no more than 10K butts in seats for that game.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Stallion » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:30 pm

maybe a little more but you might be right especially since the usual Tulsa crowd likely won't make it
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:37 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Wow what an idiot. I hate people who can’t be civil. If it bothers you, just leave for goodness sake. If your question doesn’t happen, wait till after the segment and go up and ask politely. If that doesn’t work, well,

Same ole same ole. Coach did mention attendance (shocker). Does know they need to put a quality product on the field, feels they are doing so. I have a bad feeling we might be 6-1 (receiving votes) playing Tulsa on a Friday night in front of 20,000 people. It's going to take a CONSISTENT (year over year) good product to equal attendance, I hope he sticks around that long.

Thank you! I appreciate the response! Hopefully we will have 20k butts in the stands. That will be progress for late in the season games. I’m dreading the thought of thanksgiving weekend. That’s when we get only 1-2k people.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna81 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:58 pm

PH, I think you did the right thing to approach the fella that was acting out...he is probably used to people reacting like the young lady did, and getting his way as others cower. Amazing that a person that age would be such a pitiable man, drunk or not.

That young woman might represent her generation of SMU fans that my age (59) need to encourage, not show our backside to...you did the right thing by approaching her too, if nothing more than an "encouragement of presence".

Nicely done, and necessarily done.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby tristatecoog » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:10 pm

Surprised that an SMU alum would yell at a mascot. He knows that the mascot is a student. If she was doing something wrong, trust the staff to let the mascot know for next time or discreetly ask staff why the mascot needs to be there when presumably few kids are there. I've been a mascot before and it's damn hot in there and even hotter after being yelled at.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:18 pm

I like human Peruna
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:31 pm

Tool
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby Pony Boss » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:48 pm

sbsmith wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:
I have a bad feeling we might be 6-1 (receiving votes) playing Tulsa on a Friday night in front of 20,000 people.

We'll have no more than 10K butts in seats for that game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:06 am

The Tulsa game is a 8:00 kickoff, on a high school football Friday night.
ALEX LIFESON

Next

Return to Football