PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU is ugly

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU is ugly

Postby BRStang » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:46 am

That is all.
Geaux MUSTANGS! Geaux Tigers!
BRStang
Hall of Famer

Re: TCU is ugly

Postby geno » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:02 pm

BRStang wrote:That is all.

Well, if it takes that to make us feel better that TCU/West Virginia is getting ESPN's GAMEDAY, then more of it. Yah, yah, yah, TCU is Ugly! Ahh, now I feel better.
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby gostangs » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:59 pm

It is irrefutable, however.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:05 pm

Its not our fault TCU is ugly
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Campus not as attractive as SMU's, but coeds dress the place up nicely. Have to keep it real
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Sort of off topic, but went to a TCU vs OSU watch party. Had an SMU shirt on since I was going to the SMU game that night. Had three different TCU fans tell me that SMU vs TCU is an outdated rivalry and needs to end. They all seemed very passionate about it. One guy said that after 2019 TCU is planning on not playing us every year. No idea if true. Point is, that's how their younger fans see SMU.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Then they will miss their every other year chance for a good tailgate, since theirs sucks.

Thats all I got right now - check back in two years.
gostangs

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:30 pm

SMU21TCU10 wrote:Sort of off topic, but went to a TCU vs OSU watch party. Had an SMU shirt on since I was going to the SMU game that night. Had three different TCU fans tell me that SMU vs TCU is an outdated rivalry and needs to end. They all seemed very passionate about it. One guy said that after 2019 TCU is planning on not playing us every year. No idea if true. Point is, that's how their younger fans see SMU.

Younger TCU fans might not know SMU once dominated this rivalry and in their short lives, we have been eating TCU's dust so, given the fact that SMU & TCU are referred to by many as "sister schools" and most of both schools students and alumni grew up priviledged and can be somewhat arrogant and pompous, that attitude doesn't surprise me at all.
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:40 pm

I don’t see TCU giving up the rivalry for next 5-10 years. It’s important that with our next scheduled 2 times that we beat them. As long as the admin doesn’t give up and Morris continues to improve SMU, it shouldn’t deter TCU from scheduling. From a TCU perspective, they should see this game as easy travel. It has historical value. They think it’s an easy but respectable game (i.e. not SFA). Just my perspective.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:56 pm

I would agree that from TCU's perspective, it's a game they should win and they should hope SMU is competing for AAC Championships so playing us doesn't drag down their strength of schedule like we have for years. Last thing they want is to win the Big XII and to not be invited to the playoffs because of a weak non-conference schedule. The flip side is to schedule lower level P5 schools that aren't any better than SMU but look better simply because of conference affiliation.
Charleston Pony

Postby Lebanese4Life » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:18 pm

3 and out nice

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Lebanese4Life
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
SMU21TCU10 wrote:Sort of off topic, but went to a TCU vs OSU watch party. Had an SMU shirt on since I was going to the SMU game that night. Had three different TCU fans tell me that SMU vs TCU is an outdated rivalry and needs to end. They all seemed very passionate about it. One guy said that after 2019 TCU is planning on not playing us every year. No idea if true. Point is, that's how their younger fans see SMU.

Younger TCU fans might not know SMU once dominated this rivalry and in their short lives, we have been eating TCU's dust so, given the fact that SMU & TCU are referred to by many as "sister schools" and most of both schools students and alumni grew up priviledged and can be somewhat arrogant and pompous, that attitude doesn't surprise me at all.

Well they also know we are a way better school than they are - and that bugs them. Most of them couldnt get it in UT or SMU and had to settle. If the rolls were reversed I'd be crowing about football also.
gostangs

Postby mtrout » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:54 am

We are tcu's north texas
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby geno » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:24 am

mtrout wrote:We are tcu's north texas

Ouch! That hurt!
geno