PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bowl Eligible

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Bowl Eligible

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:35 am

One Trick Pony wrote:38
= 4

I'm assuming a touchdown is 6 points with a possibility of missing the additional point. Just based on the facts without the gift from the refs yes this is a loss.

They gifted Tulsa with a lot of holds that weren't called and silly PI calls. It's a wash at worst. They were by far the worst refs that have stepped onto that field since I've started watching SMU. They deserve a good mugging and tipping their car over.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:44 am

= 4

I'm assuming a touchdown is 6 points with a possibility of missing the additional point. Just based on the facts without the gift from the refs yes this is a loss.

You do realize the game would have been played differently from that point on. No way to know what would have happened. If nothing else changed, we would have kicked a game winning FG at the end rather than running out the clock.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:50 am

Candies and nuts.
Bergermeister

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:46 pm

JasonB wrote:
= 4

They kicked a field goal on the possession, so it was a 4 point swing, not a 7 point swing... if you are really going down that path, it is an OT game...

Well come on guys can you imagine this board if it was the other way around lol
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:48 pm

gostangs wrote:You can say the rule is bad, but the call was correct. It would have been a gift to Tulsa had it not been called . Technically correct - but agree it is a weird rule. yardage should be applied to the kickoff, not take points off the board.

I don't like the rule the whole concept of running as fast as you can and hitting somebody as hard as you can mixed with testosterone ...... First it's a slight motion of the leg or hand and then it's running back to the sideline like an airplane come on man - let the Warriors celebrate thier achievements
One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:45 pm

Talk to the NCAA. It’s not our rule. I agree it is stupid. It was just as bad that that Tulsa kid got a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff for a spike after an earlier TD. He just slammed the ball down a little hard. Nothing in a taunting manner or excessive celebration. It allowed us to get a 50 yard return.

But you know what? Our kids are not doing it because they have been coached not to.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby AusTxPony » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:39 pm

It is never NECESSARY to taunt. I like the rule, celebrate with your guys in the end zone and on the sidelines. What's so hard about that kind of self-discipline? Could you'd ever see Navy pull that stunt. Plus Tulsa seemed to be trash talking the whole game. So screw 'em.
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:17 pm

mrydel wrote:But you know what? Our kids are not doing it because they have been coached not to.

This makes me happy
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Bergermeister » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:32 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
mrydel wrote:But you know what? Our kids are not doing it because they have been coached not to.

This makes me happy

^
Bergermeister

Postby PonyFan32 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:08 pm

Surprised we are talking officiating and no one here is bringing up the too many men on the field penalty where we got totally screwed. That was more inept than I have seen an officiating crew be in many years on that call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PonyFan32
Heisman

Previous

Return to Football