PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Brutal Fact: The 2 Greatest Moments in Last Half Decade.....

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Brutal Fact: The 2 Greatest Moments in Last Half Decade.

Postby Stallion » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:57 pm

mrydel wrote:I was the only person on my row in 104 late until some squatters moved in.

sounds like personal hygiene problem
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:00 pm

I had not thought about that but my area is often empty. You may be right.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:07 pm

mrydel wrote:I was the only person on my row in 104 late until some squatters moved in.

All joking aside that is just so sad and disgusting to think of all that money paid to SMU and the people just don't even bother showing up. Unbelievable.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby gostangs » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:09 pm

I agree we lose Chad to a great program - I just think it will be after next year. Reasons as follows -

7 wins is great - but 4 or more were to dog meat. That assumes we beat Tulane. Yes AD's know he is great - but they also have boosters, presidents etc. and everyone wants a splashy sure thing. 7 wins with our schedule is not all that. Yes - based on what he inherited it is awesome and I think he is the best fit imaginable - but just don't think it makes him all that top drawer for the jobs he will want. Particulrlary with the assumption we lose 3 of our last four right before hiring season.

Son is a to-be junior and likely starter at QB on the HP football team. He will not move him right now I promise you. Doesn't mean he can't leave the fam here - but it is a factor.

He will get a raise - probably a big one. won't keep away the top programs but might make the gap between us and say Tech a bit smaller.

Bottom line - to jump to the spot he wants he has to do a bit better - has to beat someone we are not supposed to beat. Could happen on this next sat - I think that would change the dynamic. Otherwise - its after next year in my view. I understand what Stallion is saying also - just think it is a year off.

Packed stadiums would be nice, but none of that effects his decision. Its not like he would turn down A&M or Tennessee if we were averaging 30k. attendance annoys all of us but is way down the list for the staff.
gostangs

Postby Stallion » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:11 pm

All I'm saying is that he will have the option of taking multiple P5 offers if he gets to 7+ wins-I'll win that bet
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:22 pm

People keep mentioning Tech. Heard the other day that Coach Bro has a very high but out. Something like 13 or 17 million. Might be tough to uproot him.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Pony Boss » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Quit your whining. Just enjoy the ride.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUer » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Maybe a swap? Coach bro might be a hit with frats, sororities and recruits. We could do worse than a young coach needing redemption/vengeance.
SMUer

Postby peruna81 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Sore Winners...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:56 pm

I do not see Chad getting an offer that would get him to leave at 7 wins. If he gets the team to come out and beat UCF and get to 8 win season sure but he needs a big win. Remember JJ and ASU... he had 5 star recruits coming to town and he’s 7-5/8-4 coach and we all saw what happen there. That was after beating TCU...
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:14 pm

Chad Morris has this SMU program at a level comparable to what JJ had accomplished when he "was going to ASU". We are beating the teams we are supposed to beat and other than the occasional upset (Chad's team beat a ranked Houston team last year and JJ's team beat a ranked TCU team). Obviously JJ never got the team to the point where they could compete with the best teams in our conference and it remains to be seen whether Chad will (either this season or whether he stays around long enough to reach that goal). Right now I'm just trying to enjoy the ride but one HUGE DIFFERENCE is that Chad is still working hard for SMU despite the Baylor deal falling apart, if that is in fact what happened. We all know JJ basically quit after ASU fell through for him
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:29 pm

Please do not assume that I’m saying that Chad and Tiki Turd are the same. JJ has one good win after like 4-5 years. He had a decent recruiting class in terms of stars. Yeah Chad isn’t a quitter by any means. I just don’t see him getting picked up (assuming we beat Tulane going 7-5. I just don’t. I think he would stay around for getting another crack at Michigan and TCU and hoping for upsets and then saying A&M I’m ready assuming they don’t hire someone before then. I think if he beats 2/3 Memphis/Navy/UCF then he’s got the golden ticket.

In short, to big time boosters of other programs they will not take a 7-5 G5 coach. They would go to UCF/USF/Memphis before then.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Ridiculous-SEC/Big 12 will come after him at 7 wins

Stallion

Postby 82Pony » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Stallion wrote:Ridiculous-SEC/Big 12 will come after him at 7 wins

What B12 openings do you foresee?
82Pony
Varsity

Postby blackoutpony » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:48 pm

Stallion wrote:Ridiculous-SEC/Big 12 will come after him at 7 wins

I’m sure schools like Iowa State, Kansas, Tech, Vanderbelt and Mississippi State would hire Chad at 7 wins because that’s what they have to do, but Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, etc aren’t going to hire a dude that loses 3 our of his last 4 and only beat two teams with a winning record that are from CUSA and the sun belt. Hes a year removed from getting his [)ick kicked in against Navy in the most brutal loss since Houston in 1989. Lololololol
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football