PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Brutal Fact: The 2 Greatest Moments in Last Half Decade.....

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Brutal Fact: The 2 Greatest Moments in Last Half Decade.

Postby Dwan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:10 pm

7 wins and he is a second or third option for a second tier Power 5 job like Tech and I think he would consider staying at smu and winning more and waiting for a better opportunity. I agree that his credentials are amazing and he is highly qualified for a major P-5 job, but unless he wins 10 games, he will not have a wow factor that is essential for ADs at schools with demanding fan bases and alumni like Florida, Tennessee and even Arkansas.
Dwan
Heisman

Re: Brutal Fact: The 2 Greatest Moments in Last Half Decade.

Postby smusic 00 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:38 pm

SMUer wrote:I bet that kids bounce house was rockin’ 11:30pm, on a Friday night, after 3+ hours in low-40s windy weather...come on, guys. That game had “only students and +50-year old fan attendance” written all over it.

SMU has put the frats as far from the stadium as possible and even gave them a nice Octoberfest-style tent yesterday to further make them un-enticed. So it was up to the veterans. Put the frats near the Doak statue, make it fun as hell, but fence them in so they have to go to the stadium once they get in.

Had the same thinking last night. Why not put them in the south end zone? Set up bars and TVs and DJ’s. That way their only choice is to leave, not attend.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football