PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Refs

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Refs

Postby SmooBoy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:02 am

Was that crew from Foot Locker, because they were beyond awful. The back judge seemed to be watching a completely different game.
SmooBoy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Refs

Postby TidePony » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:04 am

AWFUL!!!
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:16 am

Yeah specially handing us the game.
That is the biggest [deleted] rule in the universe
One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:46 am

Bad, bad rule but it is a rule. And we can cuss our coaches all we want but you do not see that stuff from our kids. I have only seen it twice. Memphis against us 2 years ago, and last night.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:50 am

We in no way shape or form tried to hurdle the protector on that punt. He just jumped for the hell of it when he realized he wasn't going to get to the punter.

Probably not the smartest decision given the silly safety rules these days since there was no way he could possibly block the punt, but still a horrendous call.

That back judge was the worst. Terrible.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:58 am

Personally, the way I read the rule I felt like a penalty should have been called against UConn. I would wager that the Tulsa coaches told the officials to watch it and call it if he does it. It is a safety precaution and if he jumps in a manner that he could be flipped it is a penalty.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:04 am

mrydel wrote:Personally, the way I read the rule I felt like a penalty should have been called against UConn. I would wager that the Tulsa coaches told the officials to watch it and call it if he does it. It is a safety precaution and if he jumps in a manner that he could be flipped it is a penalty.

Maybe so. Looked innocent and like he jumped straight up to me but if he was moving forward then it would have been the correct call.

On the bright side it gave me another special SMU football memory of turning a punt into 30 penalty yards against.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby malonish » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Two pass interference calls at minimum were garbage calls. Our guys were meeting the receiver with the ball but that's too much football for the back judge.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby freqz » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:30 pm

I thought someone had dusted off one of the crews from the WAC days there for a bit.

Never did see what the call on Proche was.
Texas bites. Baylor sucks. As it was in the beginning, is now, and evermore shall be. Amen.
freqz
Junior Varsity

Postby docabel » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:25 pm

The play where we had 12 (actually 15) men on the field was a top call of the night as well. When you watch it on TV, tulsa slips in their extra player, right before the snap, behind the official. Everyone on the SMU side saw it and just assumed that they would be allowed to sub as the rules allow, but the official never gave them a chance.
docabel
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:45 pm

docabel wrote:The play where we had 12 (actually 15) men on the field was a top call of the night as well. When you watch it on TV, tulsa slips in their extra player, right before the snap, behind the official. Everyone on the SMU side saw it and just assumed that they would be allowed to sub as the rules allow, but the official never gave them a chance.

At the game, it looked like we were late. The official had stepped in on top of the ball when Tulsa subbed, and when we didn't send any players in, he backed off. We sent our players on the field right when he was walking away from the ball.

I've never seen a relatively clean game have that many personal foul calls. Unbelievable. The one on Proche seemed really weird.
JasonB

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Those refs were so bad that they had to be motivated by something. I think they picked Tulsa to cover the spread. I mean there were no-call holds on our DL when they tried to get to the QB. The pass interception calls against us were hilarious. They were just all-around trash. I wish Chad would go Fatterson on them and say they're never allowed to be here again. They deserved to get jumped on their way to their cars.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football