PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Updated Coaches Hot Seats

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Updated Coaches Hot Seats

Postby dr rc » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:22 pm

peruna81 wrote:Aggies are going to go "Oh for Mississippi" again this year, even as bad as Ole Miss is...

Sumlin will be outta College Station by December. Morris will be a second tier choice, Franklin first.

Franklin just signed a big extension with Penn State in August. He is going nowhere.

A&M's best bet for poaching a big name coach from another P5 school is Chris Petersen from Washington. A&M's current AD is the guy who hired him away from Boise. Even then the odds are long.
dr rc
Varsity

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Wouldn’t Jeff Traylor be a better option than Craddock?
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Digetydog » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:09 pm

SMU21TCU10 wrote:Wouldn’t Jeff Traylor be a better option than Craddock?

No. You want the best coach as your head coach if possible. Craddock appears to have the “it” factor and won over Morris at an early age.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:51 pm

Digetydog wrote:
SMU21TCU10 wrote:Wouldn’t Jeff Traylor be a better option than Craddock?

No. You want the best coach as your head coach if possible. Craddock appears to have the “it” factor and won over Morris at an early age.

I think Traylor was hired to be that guy until Craddock is ready for a head coaching gig. Or at worst to help Craddock out.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:38 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
SoCal_Pony wrote:
SMU21TCU10 wrote:I don’t have a ton of hope Morris is here next year.

Probably will be outta here before the bowl game.

Since Van won’t be traveling with CM, is it greater than 50/50 odds that he will be our HC in Hawaii??

Ah hell no Van wont be coaching us in the Hawaii Bowl....it will be Joe Craddock!

I’m assuming Craddock will be traveling with CM and therefore unavailable.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:22 pm

I think Van would barely get the interim job. I just hope the admin has a short list of candidates that has a solid recruiting class currently and shows progression. No old turds like JJ either!
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mexmustang » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:00 am

You might lighten up a little on your JJ hatred. You've become a broken record. Four bowls and a division championship. It was the school that broke every promise made to him, as all our previous post DP coaches, including the IPF. He tried to quit a year before and walk away from his last contract payment, long before the North Texas debacle. His 'money' friends got him to stay another year, all he got was another year of broken promises.
Like he passed on to our current coach, it really doesn't matter if the promises are in writing or not, if they don't want to honor them, they won't. I agree he went nuts on his watch, but he broke through almost 30 years of a bowl draught and did win the division. What makes Chad so different, he tried to flirt with Baylor after three seasons and plans to leave after this one?
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:17 am

Mexmustang calling someone else a broken record is a really impressive lack of self awareness. Salute.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:18 am

The offensive staff would go with HCCM.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:23 am

Mexmustang wrote:You might lighten up a little on your JJ hatred. You've become a broken record. Four bowls and a division championship. It was the school that broke every promise made to him, as all our previous post DP coaches, including the IPF. He tried to quit a year before and walk away from his last contract payment, long before the North Texas debacle. His 'money' friends got him to stay another year, all he got was another year of broken promises.
Like he passed on to our current coach, it really doesn't matter if the promises are in writing or not, if they don't want to honor them, they won't. I agree he went nuts on his watch, but he broke through almost 30 years of a bowl draught and did win the division. What makes Chad so different, he tried to flirt with Baylor after three seasons and plans to leave after this one?

LOL. I'm sorry your past means absolute garbage if you decide to stop working and hurt your school. He brought us back to square one so essentially whatever he did meant nothing. Had he worked hard at it through the end and gave Morris a solid team to work with then I wouldn't have said anything despite the ASU debacle. It doesn't matter if you are given broken promises. If it bothers you that much that you decide to quit then do the honorable thing and leave rather than leaving someone on the hook to pay your salary. Other than TCU, he didn't beat anyone worth mentioning. He lost to Army at home, and he pushed for Hawaii bowl trips constantly. So yeah there's plenty of stuff to throw at him.

Chad's flirtation with Baylor might be similar on the front-end but on the back-end he still came back and worked hard at his job despite the outcome. We all know he's leaving but if he gets rejected or doesn't get the offer he wants he's not going to pull a JJ and just quit on the team and the school. Maybe he will surprise us, but I think probability wise, Chad is going to work hard regardless of the situation.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby TidePony » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:20 am

Chad has integrity unlike the other person.
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby 03Mustang » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:28 pm

No one cares how beautiful the house you built was if you torched it on the way out the door. At the end of the day you're remembered as an arsonist.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:04 pm

03Mustang wrote:No one cares how beautiful the house you built was if you torched it on the way out the door. At the end of the day you're remembered as an arsonist.

Beautiful house????, that's a laugh

tiki was 6-38 against teams with winning records. During his last 4 years, with his OWN players, he was 3-22.

CM did more metroplex recruiting in 1 year than tiki did his entire stay here.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Stallion » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:07 pm

I thought June lived in a Motel across the Expressway

Therefore I advise June to plead NOT GUILTY
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:09 pm

I would have kissed June's toes when he first arrived and we had that big party in Hawaii. Was a lot of fun.
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football