PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

$12 Sideline Seat Offer

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

$12 Sideline Seat Offer

Postby Stallion » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:29 am

"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: $12 Sideline Seat Offer

Postby CBpony » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:32 am

Need to be giving them away free in different parts of town. Also they need to stop charging for parking. Should be free with a ticket.
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby Nacho » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:46 am

about a million years ago cowboys used to have $1.00 seats in the end zone. that's a hint.
Nacho

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:22 am

CBpony wrote:Need to be giving them away free in different parts of town. Also they need to stop charging for parking. Should be free with a ticket.

Right, they should have stacks of free tickets at every restaurant, convenience store, gas station, oil change, sports bar, tanning salon, Nail Care Salon, plastic surgery center, local schools, jails-with weekend parole, visitors center, City of Dallas employee, strip bars, Twin Peeks, shopping mall, Fitness-Gyms, radio station give aways, Dart station, hair restoration clinics, proctologists, E-Vape stores, Liquor store, corner drug dealers etc...
ALEX LIFESON

Postby peruna81 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:36 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:
CBpony wrote:Need to be giving them away free in different parts of town. Also they need to stop charging for parking. Should be free with a ticket.

Right, they should have stacks of free tickets at every restaurant, convenience store, gas station, oil change, sports bar, tanning salon, Nail Care Salon, plastic surgery center, local schools, jails-with weekend parole, visitors center, City of Dallas employee, strip bars, Twin Peeks, shopping mall, Fitness-Gyms, radio station give aways, Dart station, hair restoration clinics, proctologists, E-Vape stores, Liquor store, corner drug dealers etc...

Mustang Mania redux...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTime » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:17 am

They are giving away free tickets. I got an email from Chad offering me two tickets at no cost.

They are trying hard.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby tristatecoog » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:33 am

That's a great offer.

On vividseats, endzone seats are starting at $18-$20 and sections 122-125 on the east side are going for around $30+.
https://www.vividseats.com/ncaaf/smu-mu ... 74263.html

I've heard a lot about Mustang Mania. Did it involve giving away a lot of tickets? Organized fan groups to spearhead sales of tickets? Extra sales and marketing funding? What years did MM occur?
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby longbuzzer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:35 am

Let's not forget our Hispanic friends. Something like 400k in the Dallas area now, as compared to about 40K at the time of the JFK disaster.

Football interest, both viewing and participating, is growing quickly in Mexico.

We can offer American football, and men's and women's soccer at a cheap price and a short drive for family activites.

Also, recruit top HS students in the Dallas area for scholarships, and advertise heavily.
longbuzzer
Junior Varsity

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 am

I've always advocated that we use the "M" in SMU for trying to gather fans. If the school would reach out to all the Methodist churches and offer bundle deals (making tickets per person like $5) and offering them a spot on the boulevard to setup etc. I think that could help fan attendance right there. Sadly, I doubt I could convince my Baptist brethren since they're Baylor for-life or maybe no football at all after the scandal.

It's tough to get people and sadly I dont think it's price that keep people away. I think others feel they have something else to watch (UT/A&M, etc.) and they probably think it's a hassle to get in to Dallas (traffic and parking). That's why we have to find ways to get people here you have something in common.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ebrooks11 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:11 am

longbuzzer wrote:Let's not forget our Hispanic friends. Something like 400k in the Dallas area now, as compared to about 40K at the time of the JFK disaster.

Football interest, both viewing and participating, is growing quickly in Mexico.

We can offer American football, and men's and women's soccer at a cheap price and a short drive for family activites.

Also, recruit top HS students in the Dallas area for scholarships, and advertise heavily.

Go to a cowboys game and see the Hispanic football fan first hand.
ebrooks11
Heisman

Postby longbuzzer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:12 pm

I'll drive over to Arlington, pay $40 to park, $100 or more for a nose bleed ticket, $40 for several beers and hot dogs and take a look for the Hispanic fans. Will report back.
longbuzzer
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:25 pm

Hey I bought six, finally somebody wants to go to a game but half of them are UCF fans haha.

They must be desperate because they didn't charge the hickey fee on top of the 12 bucks per seat which was appreciated.
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby Stallion » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:27 pm

This $12 offer was supported by a commercial on the Ticket today at noon with Chad Morris laying out the type of info we've been hearing the last few weeks about the 6-2 record, bowl eligibility, Top 10 Offense, and an invitation to the fans that we need them to fill up the stadium for Homecoming. Straight forward, informative plea for support-pretty long commercial too
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby JoeKidd » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:08 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:

Absolutely, these are the people I want at the games, ala U of M at the old Orange Bowl, let's get some diversity and excitement in and around the stadium. At least maybe I won't have old stiff collared HPer's telling me to sit down and not be so loud.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:36 pm

SMU had tickets for $13.10 last week.
ALEX LIFESON

Next

Return to Football