PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

$12 Sideline Seat Offer

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: $12 Sideline Seat Offer

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:42 pm

With as many sheriff's deputies on duty throughout the stadium, SMU could combine with Dallas County to provide transportation for inmates to and from Lew Sterrett and have an orange jumpsuit section. It would be a good opportunity for the prisoners to get out in the community and might even get some new fans or enrollees in SMU correspondence/online courses.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:58 pm

In the Cowboys early dismal years when they couldn't get 30k into the Cotton Bowl, Dad could buy a $5 end zone seat and bring 5 kids free. SMU should be reaching out to young alumni and college football fans in Dallas that same way
Charleston Pony

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:55 pm

longbuzzer wrote:I'll drive over to Arlington, pay $40 to park, $100 or more for a nose bleed ticket, $40 for several beers and hot dogs and take a look for the Hispanic fans. Will report back.

Just pay the $40 to park. The lots are where tons of fans (Hispanics included) hang out with zero thought of actually entering the stadium.
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby CBpony » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:54 pm

HarvCrimYaleBlue wrote:
longbuzzer wrote:I'll drive over to Arlington, pay $40 to park, $100 or more for a nose bleed ticket, $40 for several beers and hot dogs and take a look for the Hispanic fans. Will report back.

Just pay the $40 to park. The lots are where tons of fans (Hispanics included) hang out with zero thought of actually entering the stadium.

Sounds like the boulevard! Seriously though we should be dropping free tickets from the sky
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby CBpony » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:
CBpony wrote:Need to be giving them away free in different parts of town. Also they need to stop charging for parking. Should be free with a ticket.

Right, they should have stacks of free tickets at every restaurant, convenience store, gas station, oil change, sports bar, tanning salon, Nail Care Salon, plastic surgery center, local schools, jails-with weekend parole, visitors center, City of Dallas employee, strip bars, Twin Peeks, shopping mall, Fitness-Gyms, radio station give aways, Dart station, hair restoration clinics, proctologists, E-Vape stores, Liquor store, corner drug dealers etc...

My thoughts exactly! Get to Gameday Blitzkrieg
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Free tickets are an option but have to be carefully operated. Just leaving stacks of free tickets places will be unlikely to work. It will only work if you can get the tickets to people who already want to go. Remember the Buses? We paid for free tickets AND transportation to the games and still no-one came. It was a miserable failure.

I really don't think cost is a problem, just energizing people about seeing the team play. We should be putting Courtland Sutton up all over the metroplex.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 03Mustang » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:51 pm

Free tickets tell people the games have no value. I like the $12 sideline ticket thing, and then they could target a few other groups with freebies.

If you want the fanbase to grow you do have to give them a product worth coming back out for. I hope we get a better than expected crowd on Saturday and then give those people who are out for the first time a reason to come back.

Also, let's lock the gates from halftime to the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter so no one "wanders off".
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:52 pm

bought a few sideline deals yesterday
Pony ^

Previous

Return to Football