PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Van Malone

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Van Malone

Postby BUS » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:01 am

Watched his press conference. He is a good man and I think he is trying.
I PRAY that he has something different for ucf.

Maybe study some film and play like it is the second half!

Did like how he said - At least somebody has made a play and we have won.

That used to not happen.

Maybe we dream about last years Houston game.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Van Malone

Postby StallionsModelT » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:20 am

BUS wrote:Watched his press conference. He is a good man and I think he is trying.
I PRAY that he has something different for ucf.

Maybe study some film and play like it is the second half!

Did like how he said - At least somebody has made a play and we have won.

That used to not happen.

Maybe we dream about last years Houston game.

Van's a great dude just not a DC.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby smitty329 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:21 am

Hope we get the first possession and play match game with them - score a touchdown every offensive possession and force them to match - try to slow their offense down as much as possible - 5 yards avg per play - no big plays. If we can make it to the 4th qrtr with a two or more possession lead - slow the game way down on offense - use Gillens as another run option and run run run - snap the ball as the play clock expires - tick tock tick tock.

I am afraid, once we are on the negative side regarding score and possessions, we are done - won't be able to come back like last week - Ben will try to play above his capabilities and defense will be too exhausted to provide stops.
smitty329
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Anyone going to give him credit for holding a team that averages 50 points per game to only 31 last night? Yes, I know...we need to recruit more speed at LB and in defensive secondary. I thought the D played their best game all year, despite giving up the usual number of big plays.
Charleston Pony

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Last night the problem was physical, talent deficiency not a coaching deficiency. They were prepared they just got physically beat on the big plays. CBs couldn't run with their WRs, DBs who were not physically strong enough to bring down bigger WRs in open field and LBs and DBs couldn't run down RBs who got past defensive line like they were shot out of a cannon. Now if they don't address the CBs and LBs with immediate help then that's a Coaching issue-a head coaching issue on which players to recruit
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby mrydel » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:29 pm

I actually thought we showed improvement in the secondary over the Tulsa game.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby 78pony » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Stallion wrote:Last night the problem was physical, talent deficiency not a coaching deficiency. They were prepared they just got physically beat on the big plays. CBs couldn't run with their WRs, DBs who were not physically strong enough to bring down bigger WRs in open field and LBs and DBs couldn't run down RBs who got past defensive line like they were shot out of a cannon. Now if they don't address the CBs and LBs with immediate help then that's a Coaching issue-a head coaching issue on which players to recruit

Agree. Total superiority in talent and physicality. I look at the visitor list for this game and wish wish wish I saw more LB next to names. But we are in such shape that I think we must get help that can come in and play day 1 so I hope we are all over the jucos.
78pony
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Our top rated commit Tre Allison is a LB and Richard Moore the A&M transfer was a 4 star out of high school so that's a good start at LB
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby ojaipony » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:01 pm

Richard Moore will immediately upgrade our defense the second he steps on the field. He is a stud.
ojaipony

Postby PonyFan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:39 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Anyone going to give him credit for holding a team that averages 50 points per game to only 31 last night? Yes, I know...we need to recruit more speed at LB and in defensive secondary. I thought the D played their best game all year, despite giving up the usual number of big plays.

Good point. I have had the same concerns many on here have had, so give credit where it's due: defense was much better last night.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Stallion wrote:Last night the problem was physical, talent deficiency not a coaching deficiency. They were prepared they just got physically beat on the big plays. CBs couldn't run with their WRs, DBs who were not physically strong enough to bring down bigger WRs in open field and LBs and DBs couldn't run down RBs who got past defensive line like they were shot out of a cannon. Now if they don't address the CBs and LBs with immediate help then that's a Coaching issue-a head coaching issue on which players to recruit

Correct, they were bigger, stronger, faster, more physical and young.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Puckhead48E » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:09 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:

Correct, they were bigger, stronger, faster, more physical and young.

Aren't they all young?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby PlanoStang » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:15 pm

I think Could'nt Have A Defense may be hogging all the athletic talent towards the offense.

See Courtland Sutton. :lol:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby lollaperuna » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:10 am

In this start from scratch redo they decided to get an offense first which was the right thing to do.
lollaperuna
All-American

Postby Nacho » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:21 am

If you want to win games you must have a strong defense. we can beat weak teams with offense but we can't beat good teams.
Nacho

Next

Return to Football