PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Fans are HOSTILE!!!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU Fans are HOSTILE!!!

Postby tristatecoog » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Our family walked from Dallas Hall down to HPUMC over to the stadium and up to Hughes-Trigg behind Cox.

The crowd on the 'Vard is very different than the crowd coming to the game via the west side of the soccer stadium. The 'Vard is white and looks full of rich, good looking folks. I can't say it's super welcoming to an average Dallasite that doesn't know any of the other fans. Now, walk up towards H-T. You see UCF fans, less cool students, Dallasites and what seem to be player parents.

I thought it was a relatively good crowd in the stadium. I was in section 222 and many SMU fans around us left after halftime. More left at the end of the third. The UCF fans were plentiful between the 20s which looks better on TV than putting them all in the endzone or corner.

I hope Chad stays one more year and SMU ponies up the $3-$4M it will probably cost to enable that to happen. Another year should build a stronger season ticket fanbase.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby tristatecoog » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Last edited by tristatecoog on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby JasonB » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:52 pm

I think we need to expand the mustang alley area and build out a nice location for non-alumni to hang out, eat, and drink. That might bring more non-SMU people out to the events and allow them to experience the boulevard.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football