PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thank You Navy

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Thank You Navy

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:08 pm

I can see that your expectations were not met and you are upset. That must be difficult for you

I'm going out tonite and celebrate because I know we never quit, played hard to final whistle and almost pulled off a historic comeback victory. Big Picture
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby 3rdGenPony » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:54 pm

I agree Stallion. This team is right where I hoped they would be this season and I love the progress. Hope we can keep the band together and keep progressing. Sure I would love a win or two more than I expected at the beginning of the year, but I am not going to lose perspective if it doesn't happen.
3rdGenPony
Varsity

Postby mtrout » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Progress is cool but we were up against some d3 3rd string quarterback who was not a threat to run or pass and still got shoved in a locker on that final drive.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:02 am

Stallion is in his 50’s. That ain’t old.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Pony Boss » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:07 am

Stallion wrote:I can see that your expectations were not met and you are upset. That must be difficult for you

I'm going out tonite and celebrate because I know we never quit, played hard to final whistle and almost pulled off a historic comeback victory. Big Picture

You talk like you are begging Morris to get hired off. And want TCU and Baylor to do good. And you pick on the people that actually show up.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Puckhead48E » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:25 am

I'm in Bangkok and I can hear the mouth breathing on this board all the way over here (and I'm at least a block from the closest massage parlor).

They must deal with the coaching issue that presents itself as a poorly prepared team each week. Shouldn't require halftime adjustments to figure these teams out...no one is throwing wrinkles in at us yet we start each game off like deer in the headlights.

But, still showing improvement. Need a new kicker and about 2/3 new defense and we'll get there.

Now just waiting to see what Morris told the team in the locker room after the game...based on Lawler's quote I think there's a chance that Chad is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby SMUer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:22 am

So let me get this straight...we are happy to lose...because now we get to keep our coach who we think makes incompetent game plans another year...SMU is such a strange team to love.
SMUer

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:44 am

sbsmith wrote:A 3 point loss on the road to Navy won't stop anyone from wanting HCCM.

You are probably right about that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamGrosbard

This postgame quote from SMU DE Justin Lawler

"Losing will never be accepted in this program as long as anybody, any head coach is in there because I know Mr. Hart will do a great job."
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby AusTxPony » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:46 am

The thing is Temple stopped Navy with "equal" type players. So are you saying we can't recruit as well as Temple or haven't? I think we can't let Van off the hook. Where is Schulman when we need him?
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:14 am

I was reading Justin Lawler’s quotes about what they talked about halftime and my take-away is: What the hell is up with our lockeroom culture?!? “We talked about finding something to play for.” Huh? Is there another team in America that has to find “something to play for” when they are in a position where, if the win the next two, they’ll be in a situation to control their own destiny to win the western conference?
Last edited by SMUer on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SMUer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:18 am

SMUer wrote:I was reading Justin Lawler’s quotes about what they talked about halftime and my take-away is: What the hell is up with our lockeroom culture?!? “We talked about finding something to play for.” Huh? Is there another team in America that has to find “something to play for” when they are in a position were, if the win the next two, they’ll be in a situation to control their own destiny to win the western conference?

Bizarre, isn't it...
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Pony81 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:28 am

Arkansas comes after a 7-5 Chad Morris.... unless he gets blown out by Memphis
That might give them pause.
Chad won’t go to a lower tier P5 simply because he can’t win there ( they are lower P5 for a reason)
The silver lining in the Navy games is that the team didn’t quit.
But why it takes a half to get going is a mystery
HCCM is the best coach we have had since Collins.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby Nacho » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:46 am

Dbs didn't seem to care in the first half. Lots of half-hearted tackling. Gave more effort in the second half but still let them march down for the winning fg. Lack of character? Who knows but they don't seem to care a whole lot.
Nacho

Postby mtrout » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:29 am

Chad’s pregame speech was probably that he’s leaving
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:29 am

Pony81 wrote:HCCM is the best coach we have had since Collins.

This is true.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Football