PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thank You Navy

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Thank You Navy

Postby ponypatrick » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:12 pm

sbsmith wrote:
ponyte wrote:
But Navy just insured HCCM will be at SMU next year.

A 3 point loss on the road to Navy won't stop anyone from wanting HCCM. He gone.

"he gone".....fine with me...hit the road jack !! So tired of hearing about HCCM . Storyline needs to be about what
great kids we have at a great school called SMU.
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Say what you want about not caring if Chad goes or stays, but at this stage of our football program, we can't afford to have a recruiting class fall apart at the 11th hour. We need AAC level talent, not Sunbelt or CUSA or even FCS players to fill out a class and that could easily happen with a coaching change.

If Chad bails, I hope Hart has an immediate replacement lined up. Someone from the existing staff is about the only chance of salvaging a lot of the current commits, but my guess is that if Chad leaves, he will take a lot of "his guys" with him which to me means the Clemson guys plus a few others.

With the new opportunity for kids to sign LOI in December, I guess we will find out how many are committed to SMU regardless of who the coach might be
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Say what you want about not caring if Chad goes or stays, but at this stage of our football program, we can't afford to have a recruiting class fall apart at the 11th hour. We need AAC level talent, not Sunbelt or CUSA or even FCS players to fill out a class and that could easily happen with a coaching change.

If Chad bails, I hope Hart has an immediate replacement lined up. Someone from the existing staff is about the only chance of salvaging a lot of the current commits, but my guess is that if Chad leaves, he will take a lot of "his guys" with him which to me means the Clemson guys plus a few others.

With the new opportunity for kids to sign LOI in December, I guess we will find out how many are committed to SMU regardless of who the coach might be

Traylor.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby MiracleOnMockingbird » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:30 pm

SMUer wrote:I was reading Justin Lawler’s quotes about what they talked about halftime and my take-away is: What the hell is up with our lockeroom culture?!? “We talked about finding something to play for.” Huh? Is there another team in America that has to find “something to play for” when they are in a position where, if the win the next two, they’ll be in a situation to control their own destiny to win the western conference?

Great point. The play that epitomized the first half for me was Braeden West taking a slide on the last play of the first half. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a running back slide before. Could you imagine a Navy player doing that, ever?
"We hung with them until the game got out of hand." -DanFreibergerForHeisman
MiracleOnMockingbird
Varsity

Postby Nacho » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:23 pm

Gonna cut him some slack. He plays hard unlike dbs.
Nacho

Postby Junior » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:25 pm

MiracleOnMockingbird wrote:
SMUer wrote:I was reading Justin Lawler’s quotes about what they talked about halftime and my take-away is: What the hell is up with our lockeroom culture?!? “We talked about finding something to play for.” Huh? Is there another team in America that has to find “something to play for” when they are in a position where, if the win the next two, they’ll be in a situation to control their own destiny to win the western conference?

Great point. The play that epitomized the first half for me was Braeden West taking a slide on the last play of the first half. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a running back slide before. Could you imagine a Navy player doing that, ever?

Yeah, that was some weak stuff.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby mustangfan4life » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Nacho wrote:Gonna cut him some slack. He plays hard unlike dbs.

I have had enough of all this missed tackles from our DB's. If giving up this many yards is the standard, something is wrong. Find someone that can tackle or don't put them out there! This is beyond pathetic of a run defense. I don't care who the coach is
mustangfan4life
Recruit

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:18 pm

you could take a look at Brandon Benson and/or Kayce Medlock in the spring-both were two-way players who were shutdown DBs in high school. Benson had a bunch of interceptions and is a great leaper Benson would add some needed size at Safety and Medlock has verified 4.4 speed at CB. Otherwise, this needs to be addressed immediately in recruiting with JUCOs.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby JoeKidd » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Stallion wrote:you could take a look at Brandon Benson and/or Kayce Medlock in the spring-both were two-way players who were shutdown DBs in high school. Benson had a bunch of interceptions and is a great leaper Benson would add some needed size at Safety and Medlock has verified 4.4 speed at CB. Otherwise, this needs to be addressed immediately in recruiting with JUCOs.

Agreed we gotta go the JUCO route for some DB's....even JJ knew to get DB's from there.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby longbuzzer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:57 pm

Speaking of effort, I would like to see the Athletic Department mount an attendance blitz to every game, similar to what we saw for UCF.
longbuzzer
Junior Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:38 pm

2 weeks to prepare for Tulane knowing students will be gone
Charleston Pony

Postby StallionsModelT » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:2 weeks to prepare for Tulane knowing students will be gone

Honestly if you weren't affiliated with SMU would you attend this snooze fest?
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:41 pm

StallionsModelT wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:2 weeks to prepare for Tulane knowing students will be gone

Honestly if you weren't affiliated with SMU would you attend this snooze fest?

therein lies the challenge and why most are expecting 5-6k tops
Charleston Pony

Postby Stallion » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Its an invitation for your head coach to tell your AD -"you know its been fun turning the program around and getting the school bowl eligible but you've got a mess here where nobody gives a damn about College Football so I'll be checking out with about 4-5 Million payday at a School with a freakin' fan base. Later-hope you solve YOUR problem"
Last edited by Stallion on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby footballdad » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Stallion wrote:Its an invitation for you head coach to tell your AD -"you know its been fun turning the program around and getting the school bowl eligible but you've got a mess here where nobody gives a damn about College Football so I'll be checking out with about 4-5 Million payday at a School with a freakin' fan base. Later-hope you solve YOUR problem"

Right, because Morris had NO IDEA how bad the SMU fanbase was before he took the job. :wink: :wink:
Last edited by footballdad on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football