PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thank You Navy

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Thank You Navy

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:27 pm

we don't have the defensive players that can play competent defense. If you placed them in exactly the right spot every play as drawn up they would still get physically whipped all day long. When a team get zero yards passing and you still can't stop them when you know what they going to do that is personnel just like those early days after DP when Baylor and others didn't throw a pass
Last edited by Stallion on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Nacho » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:27 pm

Is Chad the loser or is Van the loser? I'm so confused. Who do I want fired right now?
Nacho

Postby ponyte » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Stallion wrote:we don't have the defensive players that can play competent defense. If you placed them in exactly the right spot every play as drawn up they would still get physically whipped all day long. When a team get zero yards passing and you still can't stop them when you know what they going to do that is personnel just like those early days after DP when Baylor and others didn't throw a pass

I agree we don't have the athletes on D that are needed to have the dominate D needed to win championships. But the D's gameplan the first half was horrendous and didn't give our kids a chance. Add to the problem that our O plan was to play down the Navy's atheletes and its a recipe for disaster.

Our kids battled once the coaching staff pulled their collective head out of their arese and attacked Navy. Why it took a half to figure out is beyond reason.

Yes we don't have enough athletes to be dominate. We do have enough athletes to be more competitive in the first half against Navy.
ponyte

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:40 pm

mrydel wrote:I agree. Along with a missed X point and fg

Their 3rd string QB simply runs in, problem solved.
SoCal_Pony

Postby peruna81 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:46 pm

sbsmith wrote:
ponyte wrote:
But Navy just insured HCCM will be at SMU next year.

A 3 point loss on the road to Navy won't stop anyone from wanting HCCM. He gone.

There are plenty of folks that will take a look at HCCM. Still think Ole Miss and Ten-I-See will come calling. Tech winning tonight was HUGE.

Aggie will not come calling...yet.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:56 pm

peruna81 wrote:
sbsmith wrote:
ponyte wrote:

A 3 point loss on the road to Navy won't stop anyone from wanting HCCM. He gone.

There are plenty of folks that will take a look at HCCM. Still think Ole Miss and Ten-I-See will come calling. Tech winning tonight was HUGE.

Wonder if CM would rather have the Ole Miss or Baylor gig?

Would be somewhat ironic if Van costs him both A&M and Arky.

Hey Chad, we feel your pain. :lol: :lol:
SoCal_Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:00 pm

I just hope we can keep Chad and this recruiting class because I want to see what a difference another year can make. Just remember that Chad is doing exactly what JJ did at this point, i.e., beating all the bad teams on our schedule and getting this group to a bowl game. At least we haven't been blown out yet, but we do have to visit Memphis next week. Still think Chad will get some attention and I just hope he will go nowhere but A&M. Not sure what Sumlin's buyout might be but A$M has lost a couple of home games they arguably should not have, so I still have not ruled out something happening this year.
Charleston Pony

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:10 pm

we were driving for a win against the No. 15 team in the Country in closing minutes and lost to Navy on the road on Senior/Veterans Day on last play. Had best offensive performance of the year against Top 10 TCU. Outplayed UH on the road on stat-board. Number of games our team quit-ZERO. Tough loss but not the end of the world. Step by Step. Less Drama-more Big Picture
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby RebStang » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:15 pm

peruna81 wrote:
sbsmith wrote:
ponyte wrote:

There's a small camp of Ole Miss message board conspiracy theorists who think that the fix is in and that Ole Miss has already hired him because SJ Tuohy is on the staff and because of Craddock (Craddock is related to the family that the Ole Miss basketball court is named after).

That said, I haven't heard his name from anyone I consider to be a serious "insider" since one of the guys that was on the last search committee asked me what I thought about him while we were at a tailgate before the Cal game out in Berkeley.
RebStang
All-American

Postby Pony Boss » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Stallion wrote:we were driving for a win against the No. 15 team in the Country in closing minutes and lost to Navy on the road on Senior/Veterans Day on last play. Had best offensive performance of the year against Top 10 TCU. Outplayed UH on the road on stat-board. Number of games our team quit-ZERO. Tough loss but not the end of the world. Step by Step. Less Drama-more Big Picture

And you are an old bitter person that just wants to point out SMU’s deficiencies. You are worth nothing in this world because you do not offer any advice that would be worth Anything
/
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Grant Carter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Pony Boss wrote:
Stallion wrote:we were driving for a win against the No. 15 team in the Country in closing minutes and lost to Navy on the road on Senior/Veterans Day on last play. Had best offensive performance of the year against Top 10 TCU. Outplayed UH on the road on stat-board. Number of games our team quit-ZERO. Tough loss but not the end of the world. Step by Step. Less Drama-more Big Picture

And you are an old bitter person that just wants to point out SMU’s deficiencies. You are worth nothing in this world because you do not offer any advice that would be worth Anything
/

You quoted him being positive about SMU and said he just wants to point out SMU’s deficiencies. Help me understand your logic?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:50 pm

My advice is for you to get a CLUE!

I'm far from bitter about our Coach-I'm excited as hell we finally picked the right coach who actually turned this program around in 3 years. I'm just not so naïve to think that this was going to be a Championship team in Year 3 because I've seen a lot more college football and know more about our personnel than others

10-0 after a 3 point loss . I predicted 34-31 a 3 point loss. Hint: its not looking good for next week

Stallion

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:55 pm

somebody has a reading comprehension issue
Charleston Pony

Postby Pony Boss » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:02 pm

/
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby Grant Carter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Pony Boss wrote:

/

Perhaps he is old, but he has managed to figure out how to post correctly. You would be surprised how many people have trouble with that. For example sometimes people post the same thing more than once.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football