PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Annual Coaching Carousel Mega-Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Annual Coaching Carousel Mega-Thread

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:26 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:I read a thread with Adam Grosbard saying "The first name will Jeff Traylor, the SMU running backs coach. He's a former Texas high school coach like Chad and will be one of the top candidates. Some SMU fans have been floating offensive coordinator Joe Craddock, too, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him follow Chad considering how close they are."

Has anyone ever heard of a coach below coordinators getting the HC job? That would seem insane to me and would only cause friction with all the other coaches. If someone actually takes CM, I really hope we have another OC/DC that has great recruiting background takeover.

Dabo was a WR coach at Clemson when he was hired to take over as HC. Worked out pretty well.

Sort of. I didn’t know much about Dabo but based on what people said, he wasn’t good until Chad came around...

fiction; he was good immediately and is just one of those guys with an infectious enthusiasm that people love...and MOST important is that recruits loved his enthusiasm and there was an immediate uptick in Clemson's recruiting under Dabo
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:26 pm

Well anyways, let’s go get Romo!
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Here we go again...Charlie Waters! Oh wait...probably too late now for that
Charleston Pony

Postby peruna81 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:34 pm

I think I now have an issue with "suggested-text"...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:36 pm

19-15 at Clemson and their only losing record in two decades is not great. The Clemson offense was stale until Morris installed his spread offense and Clemson jumped +5 in his first year, recruited the most valuable player in Country and the nucleus of a multiple year National finals contender
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby sbsmith » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:44 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:fiction; he was good immediately and is just one of those guys with an infectious enthusiasm that people love...and MOST important is that recruits loved his enthusiasm and there was an immediate uptick in Clemson's recruiting under Dabo

Fact

Swinney should have been gone in 2010, after a 6-7 season that ended with a loss to South Florida in a no-name bowl game. Former Clemson athletic director Terry Don Phillips, who hired Swinney in 2008, said he almost was.

"I was lucky to have a great president [Jim Barker]," Phillips said. "He was under pressure—from the trustees all the way up—to fire Dabo in 2010. There would have been a lot of presidents to acquiesce to public sentiment."

"The president gave us a chance to turn this thing around," said Phillips, who retired in 2012. "If it hadn't been for him, Dabo wouldn't be here now."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2605 ... nship-game
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Annual Coaching Carousel Mega-Thread

Postby oilpony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:47 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
ObeyMyDog wrote:Really top notch by Hart and AD dept to send an email out saying basketball just got more expensive the same day SMU loses Morris. Just really well coordinated, high level optics.

Well how much more

Buddy who sits in Loge is looking at close to double. SMU AD office texted him details. They will not guarantee his current seats. Once he pays then they will let him know if he is able to keep his Loge seats
Last edited by oilpony on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oilpony
All-American

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:48 pm

ie they invested in their bright young boy Coach by signing Chad Morris as Offensive Coordinator who was given the largest Coordinator salary in the Country
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:24 pm

ObeyMyDog wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:
ObeyMyDog wrote:Really top notch by Hart and AD dept to send an email out saying basketball just got more expensive the same day SMU loses Morris. Just really well coordinated, high level optics.

Well how much more

We get to find out! Via Mustang Club requirements.

I end up giving my tickets away most of the time anyway. 80 mile round trip for me I probably go to about 7 games a year. I am out.

I hope the kids can still play their football game with a little passion
One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:50 am

Chad Morris to Arkansas. $4 million a year for 6 years
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Previous

Return to Football