PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Annual Coaching Carousel Mega-Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Annual Coaching Carousel Mega-Thread

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Nothing against the recruits at SMU but I don’t think he will be recruiting those players at Arkansas. He will be shooting for better players imo. I was hoping HCCM was going to Ole Miss.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby footballdad » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Stallion should be able to tell everyone who's staying, and who's following Morris. :wink:

He's 11 for 11 so far this year!
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Well I guess while Ole Miss is on probation for the next couple of years I guess i’ll be rooting for the Arkansas (for a couple years only) since Chad is there now. Wooooo Pig.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby 3rdGenPony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:45 pm

No....just no.
3rdGenPony
Varsity

Postby horsemanx » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Silver lining - Rebel10 will finally (hopefully) get rid of that ridiculously huge signature image
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Taggart to FSU.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby redpony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:52 pm

and just as it looked like our fball program was starting to turn the corner. one step forward and two steps back.
redpony

Postby tristatecoog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:53 pm

My experience with Herman and Briles is that SMU loses 3-5 players. I believe both had small classes at their new schools while Sumlin had a pretty full class. Briles took RGIII with him to Baylor after a UH commitment. Herman took about three and offered a couple more but they went elsewhere. Players don't seem to care too much about getting recruited over. They feel like the HC I committed to wants me to come to his bigger, better school.

Hopefully everyone is committing to SMU and not to a coach. SMU is a far better academic program than Arkansas. You can have some comfort that UT and Baylor are rated higher than UH so maybe the higher academic rating plays into recruits minds. In reality, probably not that much.

On a positive note, Morris seems like an above average ethical person.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:53 pm

horsemanx wrote:Silver lining - Rebel10 will finally (hopefully) get rid of that ridiculously huge signature image

BONUS POINTS!!! :D
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:55 pm

No recruit needs to sign in the early period. They can relax and see where they can go or if they want to stay at SMU.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Rebel10 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 pm

mrydel wrote:No recruit needs to sign in the early period. They can relax and see where they can go or if they want to stay at SMU.

Or see if the new coach wants them.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:49 pm

I guess I can't say "PonyUpTempo" anymore?

Domain 404
GiddyUp

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:I read a thread with Adam Grosbard saying "The first name will Jeff Traylor, the SMU running backs coach. He's a former Texas high school coach like Chad and will be one of the top candidates. Some SMU fans have been floating offensive coordinator Joe Craddock, too, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him follow Chad considering how close they are."

Has anyone ever heard of a coach below coordinators getting the HC job? That would seem insane to me and would only cause friction with all the other coaches. If someone actually takes CM, I really hope we have another OC/DC that has great recruiting background takeover.

Dabo was a WR coach at Clemson when he was hired to take over as HC. Worked out pretty well.
Charleston Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:23 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:I read a thread with Adam Grosbard saying "The first name will Jeff Traylor, the SMU running backs coach. He's a former Texas high school coach like Chad and will be one of the top candidates. Some SMU fans have been floating offensive coordinator Joe Craddock, too, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him follow Chad considering how close they are."

Has anyone ever heard of a coach below coordinators getting the HC job? That would seem insane to me and would only cause friction with all the other coaches. If someone actually takes CM, I really hope we have another OC/DC that has great recruiting background takeover.

Dabo was a WR coach at Clemson when he was hired to take over as HC. Worked out pretty well.

Sort of. I didn’t know much about Dabo but based on what people said, he wasn’t good until Chad came around...
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby footballdad » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Odd statement, since he's been arguably the best coach in the country since he left.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football