PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: SMU vs Memphis Predictions

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: SMU vs Memphis Predictions

Postby Grant Carter » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:51 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
SMUFan wrote:I thought we would lose to UCF, Navy and Memphis, and i feared we might get crushed. Losing sucks, but i don't understand why people are freaking out about losses to two ranked teams and an option team.

Beat Tulane.

Because UCF could have been won if not for mental errors especially the offense (fumble into the end zone & 3 critical dropped passes). Navy, we only played 1 half against them. Had we just kept neutral to them in the first half, we would have won by 2-3 TDs. Memphis I knew was a pretty much a loss but I thought we wouldn’t give up 60+ pts. My goodness what a joke. That’s why people including me have been extremely critical. It’s absolutely not about what the stats say. We get we were “suppose” to lose. It’s that when we were are in play that we blow away chances to come up with the upset because we typically SMU choke away big games except Houston last year and TCU in 2011.

So you are saying you would not be freaking out if we had lost by a much larger margin (at least to UCF )? That is what your first sentence says, but I wanted to check because i don’t totally follow the logic.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football