PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulane game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tulane game

Postby CA Mustang » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:09 pm

CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Re: Tulane game

Postby Stallion » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:19 pm

So 8,000 butts in seats for Chad Morris' final game and SMU fans [deleted], after he "escapes" with 7-5 record, claiming he hasn't accomplished anything. Rinse and Repeat.

Lock Arms!
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:21 pm

My prediction: 5k fans for the game where we are 6-5. We barely beat Tulane and go 7-5. We continue to see Chad next year as he hopes to go better (8-4+) and then leaves next year.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby StallionsModelT » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Announced 12,500
Actual 6,500
4th Quarter 1,500
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:26 pm

This will be Northridge or Rice at the cotton bowl bad
RGV Pony

Postby gostangs » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:47 pm

When will this board stop [deleted] about attendance? It is boring and kind of lazy. They will come when we beat someone of interest, and do it repeatedly. Ill be there like always, but I don't blame folks for holding back still.

Here are the mighty programs we have taken down this year:

Lunberjacks
Arky state
UNT
Tulsa (barely)
UConn
Cinn (barely)

You expect Dallas to get real fired up about that? Really? It looks very much like June's WAC bowl seasons. You think someone is going to look at that list and think Chad is working miracles? We look ok in our loses now, but I don't think the AD at Tennessee is going to sell his benefactors with this line - " hey Chad beat 4 bad teams in the mighty ACC plus three spares, but they are pretty close when they lose, so lets back up the truck and pay him 5 million".

Every decent team has beaten us. We have won exactly the games you would expect us to at the beginning of the season and no other ones. We will be lucky to beat Tulane. That does not get a pro sports town all fired up to try something new - which is what they will have to do.

Heading the right direction - yes. Done enough to get the attention of the Dallas sports fan, or even the non die hard SMU fan? - not really. We'll see Chad next season and hope he can finish what he came here to do. I love the guy and hope for the best for both he and SMU, but getting close is not what he came here to do, and not what others will pay him handsomely to do.
gostangs

Postby skyscraper » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:13 pm

OMG an 11 am kick on Thanksgiving weekend, which is already a small crowd to begin with. This could be extremely bad.
skyscraper

Postby ponypatrick » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:19 pm

gostangs wrote:When will this board stop [deleted] about attendance? It is boring and kind of lazy. They will come when we beat someone of interest, and do it repeatedly. Ill be there like always, but I don't blame folks for holding back still.

Here are the mighty programs we have taken down this year:

Lunberjacks
Arky state
UNT
Tulsa (barely)
UConn
Cinn (barely)

You expect Dallas to get real fired up about that? Really? It looks very much like June's WAC bowl seasons. You think someone is going to look at that list and think Chad is working miracles? We look ok in our loses now, but I don't think the AD at Tennessee is going to sell his benefactors with this line - " hey Chad beat 4 bad teams in the mighty ACC plus three spares, but they are pretty close when they lose, so lets back up the truck and pay him 5 million".

Every decent team has beaten us. We have won exactly the games you would expect us to at the beginning of the season and no other ones. We will be lucky to beat Tulane. That does not get a pro sports town all fired up to try something new - which is what they will have to do.

Heading the right direction - yes. Done enough to get the attention of the Dallas sports fan, or even the non die hard SMU fan? - not really. We'll see Chad next season and hope he can finish what he came here to do. I love the guy and hope for the best for both he and SMU, but getting close is not what he came here to do, and not what others will pay him handsomely to do.

great observations.......we have to play and defeat "name" teams to get recognized in this town.
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 pm

RGV Pony wrote:This will be Northridge or Rice at the cotton bowl bad

I was at that Rice game.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:41 pm

skyscraper wrote:OMG an 11 am kick on Thanksgiving weekend, which is already a small crowd to begin with. This could be extremely bad.

You think it would be any different at 2:00 or 6:00? Kickoff time is immaterial, methinks
Charleston Pony

Postby CA Mustang » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
skyscraper wrote:OMG an 11 am kick on Thanksgiving weekend, which is already a small crowd to begin with. This could be extremely bad.

You think it would be any different at 2:00 or 6:00? Kickoff time is immaterial, methinks

Exactly. 2 PM may be slightly better, but I can imagine the complaints if the game kicked off after dark (anything after 5:30 PM in late November).
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:08 pm

I love this start time....plenty of time for bloody mary's,
mimosas, irish whiskey coffee, bailey's & coffee...

and Stallion seems to think this will be Chad's final game so lets get rowdy!
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:44 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:

I was at that Rice game.

I remember a lady Rice fan, smoking a cigarette, yelling at three students because they were sitting in ‘her seats.’ There were 62,000 other chairs to pick from. She got it bad from the 16 other students there.

This will be 6,000 tops.

6-6 baby! Get your TollTags up to date.
smusic 00

Postby ponyte » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:47 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:

I was at that Rice game.

Ibid.
ponyte

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:I love this start time....plenty of time for bloody mary's,
mimosas, irish whiskey coffee, bailey's & coffee...

and Stallion seems to think this will be Chad's final game so lets get rowdy!

You sound like a funalcoholic
One Trick Pony

Next

Return to Football