PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulane game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Tulane game

Postby smustatesman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:25 pm

longbuzzer wrote:An Italian doctor has announced he will attempt a head transplant in China this year (already did it on a cadaver). No, his last name is not Polo.
Go ponies.

It is rumored that this doctor's patient is named John Bobbitt.
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:30 pm

malonish wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:
StallionsModelT wrote:That's b/c the average age of the people who attend our games is like 70. I swear there are entire sections that look like getaway day for a retirement home.

Be respectful of your elders you'll blink and be one. I've met some 70 year olds that climb mountains drink tequila and can still kick your [deleted]. :lol:

I'd bet my house that there are less than three 70+ year olds that can kick my deleted.

Apparently you've never been to an Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu class. There's a whole group of seniors in there that will submit you like a little [deleted] lol
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:43 pm

**sexism alert**
SMUer

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:52 pm

FTPC
One Trick Pony

Postby Meadowsman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:50 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
longbuzzer wrote:Also, maybe a butt transplant will be next and we can give free tickets to transplantees to sit in the end zone.

You may be on to something....until we get better crowds we could fill Ford with crash dummies.

The crash test dummies would make more noise, then most of the fans there now.

Mmm
Meadowsman
Recruit

Postby longbuzzer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Crash dummies look great.

Maybe we could borrow some to replace our front 7 on D. Couldn't do any worse. Speed is about the same and would stay in the gaps.

Go ponies, beat Tulane
longbuzzer
Junior Varsity

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:40 pm

longbuzzer wrote:Crash dummies look great.

Maybe we could borrow some to replace our front 7 on D. Couldn't do any worse. Speed is about the same and would stay in the gaps.

Go ponies, beat Tulane

:lol:
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:07 pm

Really is a shame that SMU's seniors will have to play their last game at Ford in front of just a few family and friends. Hope this team comes together and can play really well and get to .500 in AAC play. Sure would be nice to prepare for a bowl game coming off a convincing win. These guys need a boost but a lot of us were concerned pre-season that the Tulane game would be critical for becoming bowl eligible...we just didn't know it would be Tulane and not SMU searching for that 6th win
Charleston Pony

Postby mustangxc » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:19 pm

You make it seem like it's a bad thing that Tulane and not SMU is still in search of a bowl win!
mustangxc

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:36 pm

just tell the players that if they win then the Coaches heard they have a shot at the Hawaii Bowl. If they lose tell them they are going to Frisco-and not the good Frisco. They'll come out breathing fire whether its true or not
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Really is a shame that SMU's seniors will have to play their last game at Ford in front of just a few family and friends.

I fear the consequences if we lose this game paired with a disappointing crowd and almost no students in the stands.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:04 pm

We will not suffer the repercussions of a loss or lack of support this season as there will not be enough teams eligible to fill all the bowl slots available. However, it will affect our reputation going forward and could hurt recruiting.
mustangxc

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:10 pm

mustangxc wrote:We will not suffer the repercussions of a loss or lack of support this season as there will not be enough teams eligible to fill all the bowl slots available.

i wonder how many of our fans would "travel" to Frisco if we back into that bowl?
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:14 pm

mustangxc wrote:We will not suffer the repercussions of a loss or lack of support this season as there will not be enough teams eligible to fill all the bowl slots available. However, it will affect our reputation going forward and could hurt recruiting.

Its getting pretty close. One less bowl game this year. 78 spots. 70 bowl eligible teams. 17 teams that must win final games. 4 games involve teams 1 win away so 4 more teams definitely eligible and 4 more disqualified-leaving about 9 teams fighting for 4 spots. Luckily AAC gets another spot this year because AAC Champion almost certainly will go to FBS Access Bowl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_NCAA_football_bowl_games
(something wrong with link but search NCAA Bowl eligibility on Wikipedia and it will come up)
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby skyscraper » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Lol we are not getting left out of a bowl.
skyscraper

PreviousNext

Return to Football