PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulane game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Tulane game

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 pm

I doubt we are either-but its mathematically possible especially if Temple and Tulsa tie us with 6 wins
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby peruna81 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:49 pm

malonish wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:
StallionsModelT wrote:That's b/c the average age of the people who attend our games is like 70. I swear there are entire sections that look like getaway day for a retirement home.

Be respectful of your elders you'll blink and be one. I've met some 70 year olds that climb mountains drink tequila and can still kick your [deleted]. :lol:

I'd bet my house that there are less than three 70+ year olds that can kick my deleted.

Chuck Norris lives about 3 miles from the church I pastor. He is NOT 5'10" as Wiki says he is. He is 77, and I guar-on-tee he could lay an arse-whipping on virtually everyone on this board. He is just a regular guy here in Navasota...that nobody screws with...

He is also extremely intelligent, and a genuinely nice guy.

That said, there is no glory in whipping a 70-something...or anyone else for that matter....unless it is TCU or Baylor, then I could make an exception. Whip them every time we play them...and Texas too.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ReedFrawg » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:35 pm

Arkpony wrote:Like Mrydel I cannot make the Tulane game. I have 2 tickets on the 50 and a parking pass for anyone that wants them. Let me know.

I can use them.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:36 pm

There’s no way we get left out right. If other conferences can’t fill their allotment, it goes to an “at-large” right?
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:14 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:There’s no way we get left out right. If other conferences can’t fill their allotment, it goes to an “at-large” right?

You would think not but then again we got left out of the NCAA bball tournament while being ranked, got called for phantom goal tending against ucla, and got no seed in soccer after being ranked #6 nationally.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Puckhead48E » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:05 am

mtrout wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:There’s no way we get left out right. If other conferences can’t fill their allotment, it goes to an “at-large” right?

You would think not but then again we got left out of the NCAA bball tournament while being ranked, got called for phantom goal tending against ucla, and got no seed in soccer after being ranked #6 nationally.

So you're saying there's a chance!?!
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:34 am

mustangxc wrote:You make it seem like it's a bad thing that Tulane and not SMU is still in search of a bowl win!

From a motivation standpoint, I think it is a bad thing that Tulane has a lot to play for in this game and SMU has already become bowl eligible. Our guys just need to get win # 7 and leave no doubt. It would at least be nice to finish ahead of both Tulane and Tulsa in AAC West as a measure of progress.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Football