PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU v Memphis Game Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU v Memphis Game Thread

Postby mrydel » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:36 pm

What worries me is that I have been scared of the Tulane game all year. It is not a gimmie
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mestengo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:43 pm

I'm going to the hoops game
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby jimhagle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Stallion wrote:28 TDs
7 Ints with one they couldn't have been more perfect
0 fumbles
3087 passing yards

If all our players improved as much as Hicks then we'd be great. If he remains healthy he'll break every passing record in the SMU recordbook

BTW footballdad I'm 11-0 this year so none of this comes as a big surprise to me-I know exactly what is going on this rebuild-but thanks anyway for your concern

All that is fine but he was not good today. And his upside is still up for debate.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:41 pm

when the QB puts up 45 points and 4 TDs and doesn't turn the ball over you expect to win. Other than Xavier he played as well as anyone on the team. Face it a lot of you screwed up when you pronounced the guy a failure after 2 games of his freshman year. He's going to shatter the SMU record book--by the end of his Junior year in a run first offense
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby jimhagle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Look at his final stats besides the TDs to our elite starting receivers anyone could probably hit.They were not good. Yes, our D lost this game but some of the subs played as well as the starters they replaced. And exactly who is Lancaster replacing? He is as good as the guy he replaced so it matters little who is out there. And we were promised a better D-line this year-seriously? What happened CM? A ton of work lies ahead and now one wonders if it is going to get done under this regime ultimately. Who'd a thought. Not me but I am still hopeful.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby PoconoPony » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:05 pm

Five catches for our 2 elite receivers today. Something terribly wrong with that picture.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:17 pm

Defense is alarmingly bad. We have won all the games and lost all the games I expected to, but I thought our D would start looking better.

Agree hicks isn't the worst of the issue, but there is plenty of room for criticism there. I am sure chad wishes he had a better option. Not being able to run rally limits what his offense can do, and the linger we can stay on the field the less our atrocious D gets exposed.

My kingdom for a linebacker.

Chad ain't going anywhere this year. It is his responsibility to get this team competitive in an average league, and defensively we are at the bottom.
gostangs

Postby soccermom » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Bottom line is it’s hard to win a game when you basically don’t have a defense.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:47 pm

soccermom wrote:Bottom line is it’s hard to win a game when you basically don’t have a defense.

We would be better off to agree with every opposing team that if we flip a coin they get a TD or a FG then trying to put that garbage out there to defend... I’m not saying everyone on defense is awful but a huge % of them should not even be on NTCC’s team.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby footballdad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:01 pm

Stallion wrote:28 TDs
7 Ints with one they couldn't have been more perfect
0 fumbles
3087 passing yards

If all our players improved as much as Hicks then we'd be great. If he remains healthy he'll break every passing record in the SMU recordbook

BTW footballdad I'm 11-0 this year so none of this comes as a big surprise to me-I know exactly what is going on this rebuild-but thanks anyway for your concern

11-0.......wow. Doing a hell of a job with that pee-wee team. Keep it up.

Right. According to you the defense is a year behind the offense, and Malone is just fine.

Based on the actual defense on the field, and a look at the roster, the defense is a lot further behind than a year. We'll let you start working now, on the excuses for next year.
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby Phxfan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:18 am

mrydel wrote:What worries me is that I have been scared of the Tulane game all year. It is not a gimmie

Hey, I was just 11. Did not grow up in AL. It has to be child abuse. Brought me more pain than nearly anything. A class action, maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4LxORCeo

Mods, not lewd but kind of real.
Phxfan
All-American

Previous

Return to Football