PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

FIRE MALONE

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: FIRE MALONE

Postby peruna81 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:02 pm

You don't want to fire someone until you know who is available to replace that person...and until you know who the new DC would be working for and with.

Get the HCCM sweepstakes completed. Then see who is available. Chavis down at A&M may be looking now that Sumlin is gone.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:51 pm

mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:52 pm

mustangxc wrote:http://smumustangs.com/news/2017/11/28/football-malone-named-afca-fbs-assistant-coach-of-the-year.aspx

:shock:

The first sentence of the second paragraph says it all.
One Trick Pony

Postby sbsmith » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:08 pm

"Malone is in his 15th year as a collegiate coach and is a dedicated member of the AFCA, serving as an ex officio member of the Board of Trustees as chairman of the AFCA Minority Issues Committee."
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby Nacho » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:19 pm

I don't think it says anything.
if anything smu could desperately use a minority head football coach especially after the jimmy tubbs fiasco.
I know you guys will say we don't care about his skin color. well that may be true but actions speak louder than words.
sumlin is too highly regarded to end up here but we couldn't be more fortunate if he did.
Nacho

Postby sbsmith » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:35 pm

Nacho wrote:I don't think it says anything.
if anything smu could desperately use a minority head football coach especially after the jimmy tubbs fiasco.
I know you guys will say we don't care about his skin color. well that may be true but actions speak louder than words.
sumlin is too highly regarded to end up here but we couldn't be more fortunate if he did.

Got anyone else in mind?
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby deucetz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:02 pm

sbsmith wrote:
Nacho wrote:I don't think it says anything.

Got anyone else in mind?

Frank Wilson, UTSA head coach is one. There aren't many candidates because football coaching, especially head coaches, is a good ol boy club.
deucetz
All-American

Postby sbsmith » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:16 pm

deucetz wrote:
Frank Wilson, UTSA head coach is one. There aren't many candidates because football coaching, especially head coaches, is a good ol boy club.

Wilson is a good one (going to be HC at LSU someday).

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby OLEJACKETFAN » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:47 pm

I don't see any way Van Malone is DC next year. Lots of Schools are naming their new Coaches. I only see two places Chad could go now. Arkansas or Texas A&M. No doubt he will jump at chance for A&M. Im not 100% sure he would go to Arkansas. Reality is he is not either Schools Top Choice! If he were to land the A&M job, It would be easy to bring Malone along as a Linebacker Coach. Good chance CM stays put at SMU. If he does Im sure he will wait till after the Bowl game, and then tell Malone he is going to make a change. There is a right way to replace someone and I believe CM will do it the right way. Anyone who thinks CM will not make the tuff decision don't know CM.
OLEJACKETFAN
Scout Team

Postby BUS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:12 am

Chad is a good man and will make the right choice and announce or relieve VM in a professional manner.

My thought are to do VM a favor and let him get a three week head start on others looking for a job.
Like letting someone go on Friday and having them twist in the wind all weekend. No, letting people go on Monday lets them get to work and be productive on a job search all week. No wasted time twisting in the wind.

Hope we have Chad for 10 more years. He is Good People.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby No Quarter » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:19 am

I don't think this is the way anyone wanted to see the DC move on.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby Pony Boss » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:53 am

He won’t be the DC at Arkansas.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:56 am

Pony Boss wrote:He won’t be the DC at Arkansas.

And hopefully not at SMU..
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony Boss » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:03 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
Pony Boss wrote:He won’t be the DC at Arkansas.

And hopefully not at SMU..

He won’t be even if HCCM stays.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Football