PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Tulane thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU Tulane thread

Postby Arkpony » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:28 pm

It’s the nature of this board. People can’t just disagree-they have to call names and degrade. Sad but it’s that way in society today.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:34 pm

Meh, it’s not a big deal. I’ve always like that age-old quote, brace your safe spaces: “Arguing on the Internet is like winning the special olympics, either way, you’re still [deleted].” Lol that’s why I never take insults on here seriously. I’ll admit. I’m very critical but I don’t believe we should settle for mediocrity. Maybe because it’s a generational issue. Some people have been around defeat for so long that any win is a good win. For new comers, there are good wins and there are bad wins. It is what it is.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:19 am

No worries. I spent too many years as a trial lawyer to take things personally.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby No Quarter » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:02 am

I knew there would be a lot of discussion about the review of the play where Tulane did not score.

This is for the announcers, who I regarded as pretty foolish when they said Tulane was robbed.

It is for the several agreements in this thread including from people I know have a lot more football smarts than I. Maybe I'm wrong, and if so, tell me

It is for any disappointed Tulane fans who might see this. Perhaps someone has pointed it out on their board, but if so they probably can't expect anyone to buy them a drink next time they go to a bar where a Tulane game is shown.

Think about the sideline shots. The play does end just over the line. There is no one visible for several yards in front of pile.

Then recall the shot from behind where the Back Judge blocks the camera from the end of the play. DID THAT OFFICIAL EVER RAISE HIS ARMS TOSIGNAL A TOUCH DOWN? Or is that not his job? If you recall also the side line shots it seems at least possible that he had a clear unobstructed view.

I'm glad that close examination of other shots show the ball on the ground but I think that official had it right from what took place just in front of him.

I don't have a recording of the game. Maybe someone can run it back and look. I'd like to know if what I thought took place really happened.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:14 am

I think Scott Garner did radio for basketball in the Bahamas
RGV Pony

Postby mrydel » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:32 am

No Quarter wrote:I knew there would be a lot of discussion about the review of the play where Tulane did not score.

This is for the announcers, who I regarded as pretty foolish when they said Tulane was robbed.

It is for the several agreements in this thread including from people I know have a lot more football smarts than I. Maybe I'm wrong, and if so, tell me

It is for any disappointed Tulane fans who might see this. Perhaps someone has pointed it out on their board, but if so they probably can't expect anyone to buy them a drink next time they go to a bar where a Tulane game is shown.

Think about the sideline shots. The play does end just over the line. There is no one visible for several yards in front of pile.

Then recall the shot from behind where the Back Judge blocks the camera from the end of the play. DID THAT OFFICIAL EVER RAISE HIS ARMS TOSIGNAL A TOUCH DOWN? Or is that not his job? If you recall also the side line shots it seems at least possible that he had a clear unobstructed view.

I'm glad that close examination of other shots show the ball on the ground but I think that official had it right from what took place just in front of him.

I don't have a recording of the game. Maybe someone can run it back and look. I'd like to know if what I thought took place really happened.

There are several pictures showing the back of the QBs hand with the ball on the ground short of the goal line. I already took a screen shot from one angle and posted it and Adam Grosbard sent a tweet out that should leave no doubt. Play call was correct. The only thing the officials missed was not calling it “confirmed”.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Nacho » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Thanks for repeating what I already posted about the ball.
Nacho

Postby Terry Webster » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:58 pm

It was actually a pretty impressive tackle when you look at it. He turned the qb sideways pushing the ball behind him. Not sure he planned it that way but it was a great day.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Nacho » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:06 pm

No conspiracy lol
Nacho

Postby Hilltopper » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:11 pm

Thumper wrote:Where was Gardner on the radio broadcast?

The new guy was better.

I watched the replay over and over. Still can't believe he didn't score.
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby No Quarter » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:42 pm

mrydel wrote:
No Quarter wrote:I knew there would be a lot of discussion about the review of the play where Tulane did not score.

Then recall the shot from behind where the Back Judge blocks the camera from the end of the play. DID THAT OFFICIAL EVER RAISE HIS ARMS TO SIGNAL A TOUCH DOWN? Or is that not his job? If you recall also the side line shots it seems at least possible that he had a clear unobstructed view.

[b]I'm glad that close examination of other shots show the ball on the ground but I think that official had it right from what took place just in front of him.
[/b]

There are several pictures showing the back of the QBs hand with the ball on the ground short of the goal line. I already took a screen shot from one angle and posted it and Adam Grosbard sent a tweet out that should leave no doubt. Play call was correct. The only thing the officials missed was not calling it “confirmed”.

Well yes. I saw your post and others before I made my comment. I tried to acknowledge them in the paragraph now emphasized. Forgive me if I failed to make that clear. But there were some who said otherwise and in any case I'm talking in part about the replays yesterday and what the announcers said live.

Go Ponies.
Last edited by No Quarter on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:45 pm

The announcers should be embarrassed for the way they reported the action.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby geezerdonk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Announcers should be embarrased that they were calling an SMU game.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby Nacho » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:46 pm

Announcers were way out of line. Not professional at all. Color guy was saying it was a touchdown almost instantly. Embarrassed for cbs sports. Even gave out review guy's name.
Nacho

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Tweet them!
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football