PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Tulane thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU Tulane thread

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:10 pm

Nacho wrote:Announcers were way out of line. Not professional at all. Color guy was saying it was a touchdown almost instantly. Embarrassed for cbs sports. Even gave out review guy's name.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go back to Page 4 of this thread (that in itself is revealing, an SMU game only garnering 4 pages). A strong majority of PF’s, myself included, thought it was a TD. Why should the announcers be shamed for expressing the very same opinion we did?
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Top Twenty » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:14 pm

They were short. Period. I don't feel sorry for Tulane...I feel bad for Kyran Mitchell who is not getting any credit for a magnificent, game-saving tackle. Don't forget, when he came off the field at Navy, we all thought he was done. We're all quick to rip the defense, but we overlook that Mitchell is one tough Mustang. Thank you, Kyran.
Top Twenty
Junior Varsity

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:19 pm

SO_Cal, my criticism is he fact that they did the proper procedure of reviewing it. By rule, if it’s not 100% confident of an overturn than you need to let it stand which is what the call was. I get Tulane was [deleted] out of emotion and saying Aresco had it fixed (which makes no sense, more qualified teams more money). Rational sense left and I understand that we might be the same way if things were reverse minus the conspiracy theories.

Now that other photos (I believe Myrdel posted as well as others). He was short. If those were available than one would be upset that they didn’t confirm it and put this thing to bed. A “stand” call leaves a lot of emotions high. If it wasn’t available than understandable.

Now why the hell Tulane fans aren’t chewing out their coach or QB for running under 10 seconds is beyond me. You know our defense. You know our offense can sputter. Why not try one more pass and if nothing there then kick the field goal with momentum. That’s what baffles me about their fans but again they’re emotional so it understandable.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:16 am

SMU '11, my comments were directed at those who criticized the announcers for saying it was a TD when in fact most posters on PFs at that moment were saying the exact same thing. I personally was not offended by them in the least.

As for going for the TD rather than the FG, on that final drive the annoucers said Tulane had their own kicker issues. Maybe this factored into it as well. Unreliable kicking in OT.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:39 am

Ah gotcha. However I’ve always found most video announcers to be very mediocre anyways. I think though with any kicker issue the QB could kick a 16 yarder. I’m just saying you don’t run. You pass and if it’s not there then you kick because it makes sense. I’m very critical of our kicker but I wouldn’t blame Chad for putting him to kick to send it into OT and try to run it in with no clock factor.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:28 am

SoCal_Pony wrote:
Nacho wrote:Announcers were way out of line. Not professional at all. Color guy was saying it was a touchdown almost instantly. Embarrassed for cbs sports. Even gave out review guy's name.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go back to Page 4 of this thread (that in itself is revealing, an SMU game only garnering 4 pages). A strong majority of PF’s, myself included, thought it was a TD. Why should the announcers be shamed for expressing the very same opinion we did?

I made a statement that he scored and have since been a strong advocate, with evidence that he did not. My discussion is with all 15 Ponyfans posters. The announcers, speaking to a viewing audience of dozens, are supposed to be unbiased and they were openly calling it a TD and a bad call. Now I realize announcers do that all the time but these guys were a little over the top and if I were one of them, especially the color analyst, after seeing the evidence would be ashamed. I am ashamed I said he scored initially. The first step is admitting you have a problem.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Bergermeister » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:16 am

Game over! We won!
Bergermeister

Previous

Return to Football