PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

For entertainment sake....

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

For entertainment sake....

Postby gostangs » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:06 am

Go check out shaggytexas.com and read a bit of the thread on firing coach Tom Herman. It will make you feel better about our crazies - we have a lot of work to do to match these Yahoo!'s.

His buy out is huge, so maybe in a year after he gets fired we can get him here and we can let Texas pay him for a few years. Not sure we'd want him though.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: For entertainment sake....

Postby Digetydog » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:11 pm

gostangs wrote:Go check out shaggytexas.com and read a bit of the thread on firing coach Tom Herman. It will make you feel better about our crazies - we have a lot of work to do to match these Yahoo!'s.

His buy out is huge, so maybe in a year after he gets fired we can get him here and we can let Texas pay him for a few years. Not sure we'd want him though.

As a Texas-Ex, I can tell you that Texas fans are pissed (and delusional). They genuinely believe that a coach can wave a magic wand and fix everything.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:42 pm

gostangs wrote:Go check out shaggytexas.com and read a bit of the thread on firing coach Tom Herman. It will make you feel better about our crazies - we have a lot of work to do to match these Yahoo!'s.

He taped SMU jerseys to urinals before the game. I don’t want any part of him. Ever.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:49 pm

Do you have a link showing he taped them to urinals? I think it was just the floor.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby Lefty » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:42 pm

I saw pics on the floor, not urinals.
That said, no thanks. Would much rather keep Morris.
Lefty
All-American

Postby blackoutpony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Grant Carter wrote:Do you have a link showing he taped them to urinals? I think it was just the floor.

I don’t, but it was reported and widely talked about elsewhere. The only put out the pics of the floor, but they were definitely placed elsewhere. Herman’s an [deleted]
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:52 pm

I heard about something SMU related being placed in the urinals, not jerseys.

Maybe Cargogunki knows. He knows everything.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby dickey1331 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:52 pm

I’m really enjoying watching him struggle in Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
dickey1331
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:18 pm

blackoutpony wrote:

He taped SMU jerseys to urinals before the game. I don’t want any part of him. Ever.

I gave a guy my business card once and ended up urinating on it in the urinal. Lol
One Trick Pony

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Grant Carter wrote:Do you have a link showing he taped them to urinals? I think it was just the floor.

Coach Morris has mentioned the urinal placement. He said he confronted Herman specifically about that and how it was classless and unnecessary.
smusic 00

Postby Donnell88 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:51 pm

If Tom Herman is such a great coach, how come he lost 38-16 last year to some private school in Texas that is satisfied with an invitation to the Weedeater Bowl?
Donnell88
All-American

Postby Donnell88 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:54 pm

And I almost forgot, his Longhorns lost their home opener 51-41 to a 4-8 Maryland team, that lost 62-14 to Ohio State and 66-3 to Penn State yesterday.
Donnell88
All-American

Postby mrydel » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:01 pm

I hate UT as much or more than anyone on this board and Herman equally. However, don’t we always say to judge a coach after he has had an opportunity to get his own recruits? Of course Texas is loaded with talent but they may not suit Herman’s plan. Or maybe they just do not like the way he kisses.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby gostangs » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:44 pm

I think he'll be fine if they stick with him. I just think it's funny they are this bitter this soon.
gostangs

Postby oilpony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Herman stated before the season started, UT does not have a game changer type QB. Or some type of phrasing along those lines. He was correct
oilpony
All-American

Next

Return to Football