PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Feeling Better Today

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Feeling Better Today

Postby ponyte » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:50 pm

A for sure winning season. How few we have had over the decades.

Our offense is for real. We can run and pass the ball. The 3 and out tradition that has haunted this program for decades has disappeared.

Despite a need for bigger, faster and stronger athletes on Defense, we were able to stay in every game. And we won the turnover game this year.

We lost to 3 top 25 teams and were in all those games. When was the last time we were in more than one game out of 3 in a season against top 25 teams?

Unlike last year, we ended the season without a moving van loading up our HC’s belongings the last week of the season. At least he learned to hide it better. And it’s nice to know we have a coach that is wanted.

We get an extra mini spring ball preparing for a bowl. Nice to get a few more snaps under our belts.

Our players now know what it takes to win and to have a winning season. And in a better conference than CUSA.

And we finally got a call go our way. Yes it was the right call but it sure brought back some sad memories waiting for the replay decision.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Feeling Better Today

Postby Nacho » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Watched the replay on tv. When the replay went our way the SMU crowd noise was the loudest I have ever heard on tv. So much relief
Nacho

Postby Terry Webster » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:53 pm

That was the sound of shock that a call went our way.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Good point about the AAC being more difficult than CUSA. We saw this year that we are way better than the North texas’ and Arkansas States now
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:10 pm

We have a chance to go 8-5 and I would love to see these guys dominate a team in their bowl game like SMU did Kapernick's Nevada team in Hawaii but assuming we could have a new coach managing the bowl, that's probably a bit optimistic.
Charleston Pony

Postby redpony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:We have a chance to go 8-5 and I would love to see these guys dominate a team in their bowl game like SMU did Kapernick's Nevada team in Hawaii but assuming we could have a new coach managing the bowl, that's probably a bit optimistic.

thought the opposing qb in the hawaii bowl was carr. didn't k'( i hate america and don't stand for our country) play for the tortilla tossers?
redpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:19 pm

redpony wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:We have a chance to go 8-5 and I would love to see these guys dominate a team in their bowl game like SMU did Kapernick's Nevada team in Hawaii but assuming we could have a new coach managing the bowl, that's probably a bit optimistic.

thought the opposing qb in the hawaii bowl was carr. didn't k'( i hate america and don't stand for our country) play for the tortilla tossers?

Carr was the Fresno blowout also in Hawaii
Charleston Pony

Postby Whitwiki Pony » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:20 pm

We dominated both kapernick and Carr in Hawaii
Whitwiki Pony
Scout Team

Postby PonyTime » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:42 pm

Am I correct that we were either leading or within one TD in the second half of EVERY game this year?

That would certainly be a first since the early to mid 1980s.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:48 pm

First time since the 80s that we've had a coach that may get hired to a better job.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby GeorgiaMustang » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:55 pm

I love that we dominated that [deleted] in his final college game. Good riddance to him.
Those who complain about a problem are simply wasting time they could use to fix it.

Potential is nothing, performance is everything.
GeorgiaMustang
All-American

Return to Football