PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

O/U on Morris moving on this week???

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: O/U on Morris moving on this week???

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:36 am

Maybe he thinks we are going to be 2014 bad next year! Seems like instead of being desperate to jump ship every year, have some confidence that you can take this team to 10 wins in year 4 or 5 and be the most sought after HC in the country. There are good jobs open every year.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:44 am

SMU21TCU10 wrote:Maybe he thinks we are going to be 2014 bad next year! Seems like instead of being desperate to jump ship every year, have some confidence that you can take this team to 10 wins in year 4 or 5 and be the most sought after HC in the country. There are good jobs open every year.

Even if he does take SMU to 10 wins. What good P5 jobs would open up that he might want next year? Tech or Rutgers? This year has the most good jobs that have been open in a while and they won’t be open next year.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:48 am

Rebel10 wrote:
SMU21TCU10 wrote:Maybe he thinks we are going to be 2014 bad next year! Seems like instead of being desperate to jump ship every year, have some confidence that you can take this team to 10 wins in year 4 or 5 and be the most sought after HC in the country. There are good jobs open every year.

Even if he does take SMU to 10 wins. What good P5 jobs would open up that he might want next year? Tech or Rutgers? This year has the most good jobs that have been open in a while and they won’t be open next year.

Has there ever been a year where no good jobs open open? Seems to me like there are several every year. need to check that coaches hot seat website later and see which coaches are struggling.
Last edited by SMU21TCU10 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:50 am

Okay, name a good job that could come open next year that he might want? Texas is not opening, aTm is not opening, Arkansas is not opening nor is Ole Miss.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Grant Carter » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:50 am

LSU
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:55 am

Rebel10 wrote:Okay, name a good job that could come open next year that he might want?

According to coacheshotseat.com, Tech, Baylor, North Carolina, West Virginia, Colorado, Michigan, Texas, etc. now a few of those wouldn’t happen next year, but in two years if their coaches continue to underperform they will be. My point is, do the job you were brought in to do. Don’t be a Todd Graham. If you’re truly a good coach take the team you’re getting a top .01% salary to coach to the next level then be a hot commodity and go coach at a big school. While we aren’t 1-11, I think Chad still hasn’t proven to the rest of CFB he is an elite coach yet.

A coach that goes to Houston and continues their tradition of winning there and gets hired after a year hasn’t proven much. If Chad can completely turn SMU around, he’s a proven coach. Verdict is still out on a Tom Herman. Verdict would still be out on Morris for a few years if he left.
Last edited by SMU21TCU10 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:56 am

Grant Carter wrote:LSU

I think they are set on Coach O for at least a couple more years.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:00 am

SMU21TCU10 wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:Okay, name a good job that could come open next year that he might want?

According to coacheshotseat.com, Tech, Baylor, North Carolina, West Virginia, Colorado, Michigan, Texas, etc. now a few of those wouldn’t happen next year, but in two years if their coaches continue to underperform they will be. My point is, do the job you were brought in to do. Don’t be a Todd Graham. If you’re truly a good coach take the team you’re getting a top .01% salary to coach to the next level then be a hot commodity and go coach at a big school. While we aren’t 1-11, I think Chad still hasn’t proven to the rest of CFB he is an elite coach yet.

Tech is not a high quality job like Arkansas or aTm. Texas is not going to fire Herman in just his second year. Michigan would want a big name guy from that part of the country and they stilll like Harbaugh. Would Chad really want to go to 2nd tier jobs like Colorado or UNC?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby ReedFrawg » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:09 am

Rebel10 wrote:

This is what I was thinking. If there is a year to jump, this is it. Don't see any openings next year worth waiting on.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:15 am

Wasn’t Strong like UT’s 5th choice? Maybe A&M will have to settle for Chad after Jimbo uses them for a pay raise and a few other coaches say no.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:25 am

I agree, I think Texas A&M will have to settle for Chad. Luckily, Todd Graham is newly unemployed and can build on what Chad started.
mustangxc

Postby SMU21TCU10 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:32 am

mustangxc wrote:I agree, I think Texas A&M will have to settle for Chad. Luckily, Todd Graham is newly unemployed and can build on what Chad started.

I think Chad would be successful at A&M. Would be a lot like Malzahn at Auburn.
Last edited by SMU21TCU10 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SMU21TCU10
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Nacho » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:48 am

graham is the ultimate opportunist but we could use him until he finds greener pastures again.
Nacho

Postby ponyte » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:01 pm

So A$M fires a winning coach with a strong winning pedigree at Houston to hire an unproven G5 coach with one winning season? And the Aggie Nation will somehow be thrilled? Forget Fisher for he moment.

One would think A$M might look at a Mike Leach with proven P5 capability.

One would think a run at another proven like Justin Fuente wold be worth an evaluation.

And how about Matt Campbell. He has proven he can take a sure fire nowhere USA school to a higher level.

One would think that an eleite job like A$M would go after known performers before taking a chance on a yet to be proven coach.

I think HCCM is good coach and will get his chance. Its a matter of proving himself which I'm not sure he has yet for the next level with an eleite program

Yes, he could go to Miss State or Iowa State or Washington State if they have openings but is that what he really wants?
ponyte

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:09 pm

I somewhat agree with this, plus I think Tom H’s slow start at UT is not doing him any favors either.

If he leaves us for Iowa St or Wash St that would be very revealing.
SoCal_Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football