PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who are we going to hire?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Who are we going to hire?

Postby Bergermeister » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Stallion wrote: The ideal situation for everyone would be for Morris to stay at SMU for 2 more years until son graduates from H.P. Craddock puts up 2 more Top 10 Offense cementing reputation. Morris moves on-Craddock moves up to Head Coach installing Traylor as Offensive Coordinator and G.J. Kinne as QB Coach (and groom him to take over for Craddock one day). Happy Happy everybody Happy-Chad leaves and SMU fans wish him well after building a solid foundation. SMU Boosters need to do everything possible to keep BOTH Morris AND Craddock happy for 2 more years

Add a top of the line Defensive Coordinator and I'd say that is the ideal/perfect plan. Hope it happens.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:05 am

Stallion wrote:The question is do we have the Right Guy? If you have the Right Guy then its smarter to invest in him than gamble on whether we can hire another Coach who just as easily could suck as bad as the Parade of Fools who coached this program for the previous 25 years. TCU thought they had "The Right Guy"-I definitely think SMU has the "Right Guy". Most of the Country thinks SMU has the "Right Guy". Invest in your best asset and Pay the Man. SMU failing--not even trying-- to follow the TCU Model-again

I agree 100% with this statement.

Pay the man....Coach Jank is THE BEST!!!!
SoCal_Pony

Postby Boston Pony » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:22 am

The assumption is that Morris would be leaving because of money, which isn’t the reason. He wants to be big time ie I’m championship material and deserve to be coaching a championship team. Most of us have been in a similar situation in our career. A promotion is available and while the money is good, it’s the challenge that is the driver. For that SMU will always have a tough time holding ambitious coaches
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:25 am

So Chad should stay at SMU long enough to win an AAC Championship and then he can leave like Frost did yesterday. Sounds O.K. to me
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Football