PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coach Stigall

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Coach Stigall

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:44 pm

Praying up here. Hope the tests go well today!
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:50 pm

CA Mustang wrote:
gostangs wrote:I have noticed that people that have strong faith don't really look to the government as much for help, and people who do not have religion seem to treat the government as their religion. Just an observation (hopefully not adding to the [deleted] show). Its too strong a correlation to be coincidence.

Exactly how many people have you "observed" this in? As this country has 310M+ people, I'm willing to bet your sample size is statistically insignificant.

For sure by any scientific method would be statistically insignificant. But as you get a little older you become aware of certain things through repetitive observation, so I will trust my intuition on this one. Humans are wired to believe in something outside ourselves, so if they don't have religion it is often the government that fills that void for people.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 pm

I can't imagine what that family is going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with them. I'll be squeezing my kids extra tight today.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 78pony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:44 pm

gostangs wrote:
CA Mustang wrote:
gostangs wrote:I have noticed that people that have strong faith don't really look to the government as much for help, and people who do not have religion seem to treat the government as their religion. Just an observation (hopefully not adding to the [deleted] show). Its too strong a correlation to be coincidence.

Exactly how many people have you "observed" this in? As this country has 310M+ people, I'm willing to bet your sample size is statistically insignificant.

For sure by any scientific method would be statistically insignificant. But as you get a little older you become aware of certain things through repetitive observation, so I will trust my intuition on this one. Humans are wired to believe in something outside ourselves, so if they don't have religion it is often the government that fills that void for people.

Well said, gostangs. As mere humans we long for something much more than anything we or man can offer. Those who are fulfilled have hope, the spiritual hope that only comes from faith.
78pony
Heisman

Postby Nacho » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:16 pm

Love your brother as yourself.
Nacho

Postby mustangfan4life » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:38 pm

CA Mustang wrote:
mustangfan4life wrote:You will need prayers, if I ever run into you!!!

Wow, an Internet tough guy! I guess there's at least one on every page.

Why would you assume I'm a guy? Internet dumb [deleted] I guess every page has one of those too.
mustangfan4life
Recruit

Postby CA Mustang » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:00 pm

mustangfan4life wrote:
CA Mustang wrote:
mustangfan4life wrote:You will need prayers, if I ever run into you!!!

Wow, an Internet tough guy! I guess there's at least one on every page.

Why would you assume I'm a guy? Internet dumb [deleted] I guess every page has one of those too.

Regardless of whether you are a man, woman or something else, acting tough isn't scaring anyone. Run along fool.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:03 pm

Guys! Cut it out

I will be praying for the little girl and her family.
ponyboy

Postby gostangs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Pretty big surge in giving today for the family. We can proud of the SMU family on this.
gostangs

Postby mustangfan4life » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:05 pm

Wow, an Internet tough guy! I guess there's at least one on every page.[/quote]

Regardless of whether you are a man, woman or something else, acting tough isn't scaring anyone. Run along fool.[/quote]

Don't want you to be scared? Just pray for the kid. You must be a liberal like the other guy wanting a single payer. Please troll elsewhere.
mustangfan4life
Recruit

Postby peruna81 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Grateful that the Aggie originally posted this, and it was posted here...sometimes life gets busy enough that I don't look up at others, and fail to see "where it hurts".
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football