PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

[deleted]

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: [deleted]

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:36 pm

I would be surprised if any/many of the current commitments sign early. So much turmoil this year that 11th hour options are going to open up for our top recruits. Maybe some guys on the lower end will jump on their offers to make sure they keep their schollies
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:38 pm

That is my thought. Don’t sign yet and keep your options open. Hopefully we can maintain a good class.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby oilpony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:44 pm

Any word on what Arky is paying Chad?
oilpony
All-American

Postby gohogs14 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:46 pm

stc9 wrote:Lots of people on this board have a significantly higher opinion of Arkansas than I do. I view that program as marginally better than the "Washington Generals" of the SEC? They exist just so Alabama, LSU and whichever of the schools in the west that is having a good year can get a win and not hurt their strength of schedule.

This is probably true under Bielema, but Nutt won the SEC west multiple times and Petrino went to a sugar bowl and finished in the top 5. They are around .500 against LSU in the last 10 years. Historically they are better than Ole Miss and Mississippi State, probably about the same as Texas A&M.
gohogs14
Scout Team

Postby mrydel » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Thank you. No one seems to believe me when I say that.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Water Pony » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:26 pm

leopold wrote:https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-hires-smu-chad-morris

Apparently it's a done deal.

Congrats to Chad. I understand and wish him the best.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... ach-report
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Oldmins » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:11 pm

gohogs14 wrote:
stc9 wrote:Lots of people on this board have a significantly higher opinion of Arkansas than I do. I view that program as marginally better than the "Washington Generals" of the SEC? They exist just so Alabama, LSU and whichever of the schools in the west that is having a good year can get a win and not hurt their strength of schedule.

This is probably true under Bielema, but Nutt won the SEC west multiple times and Petrino went to a sugar bowl and finished in the top 5. They are around .500 against LSU in the last 10 years. Historically they are better than Ole Miss and Mississippi State, probably about the same as Texas A&M.

But isn't Alabama in that division? Strangely absent in your argument.
Oldmins
Varsity

Postby gostangs » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 pm

yeah - not buying gohogs assessment. It is tough to get oxygen in Arkansas - and he will find the texans aren't as excited about the SEC as he thinks.

Glad we had him, think he is a good person and good for him. He worked his [deleted] off and that is all we can ask these days. We need to be like Memphis and Houston and reload.
gostangs

Postby gohogs14 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Oldmins wrote:
gohogs14 wrote:

But isn't Alabama in that division? Strangely absent in your argument.

As long as Saban is there, few jobs will look good compared to them. I don’t think anyone expects to beat Alabama, you can average 8-9 wins and stay there for a while. The money, facilities and fan support are all there it’s just a brutal division. You can make a solid core of in-state recruits but there aren’t enough of them so you need to be able to recruit a Texas as well, which I think is a huge reason Morris was selected. We still haven’t recruited Texas as well as we did in the SWC and it shows.
gohogs14
Scout Team

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Nick Saban though is 66--how long does he stay at the top of his game
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby malonish » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:59 am

mother deleter
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.