PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who is our Larry Brown hire?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Who is our Larry Brown hire?

Postby HubbaHubba » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:49 pm

longbuzzer wrote:I’m confused. Should I stay out here on this ledge ready to jump, or go back in for the night. Please reply quickly because it is cold and lonely out here.

Jump already. Regardless of whom we hire more than half of us will be extremely unhappy.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby Stallion » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:59 pm

We hired at least 2 Coaches I doubt more than 2% of our fans could name a single thing about prior to coming to SMU unless you knew Rossley tied LeVias for most catches his Senior year or Mike Cavan recruited Herschell Walker. The guys we are talking about now all have much higher profiles
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Black Horseshoe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 pm

Stallion wrote:We hired at least 2 Coaches I doubt more than 2% of our fans could name a single thing about prior to coming to SMU unless you knew Rossley tied LeVias for most catches his Senior year or Mike Cavan recruited Herschell Walker. The guys we are talking about now all have much higher profiles

You want Todd Graham which immediately disqualifies any argument you make

A few years back you wanted Todd Dodge
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 pm

You realize that is a fiction don't you. I've challenged the little [deleted] to prove it on numerous occasions and he couldn't. The post involved an early list that included 8 prospects for the job. The fact the little shit-head keeps bringing up something that happened a decade ago that is totally irrelevant shows how desperate the little turd is. He knows he can repeat it over and over again and nobody is going to look it up

BTW you weren't even a member of this board when the discussion took place
Last edited by Stallion on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Stallion wrote:You realize that is a fiction don't you. I've challenged the little [deleted] to prove it on numerous occasions and he couldn't. The post involved an early list that included 8 prospects for the job. The fact the little shit-head keeps bringing up something that happened a decade ago that is totally irrelevant shows how desperate the little turd is. He knows he can repeat it over and over again and nobody is going to look it up

Hahaha who was it?
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby longbuzzer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:15 pm

I am leaving the ledge to go back in and have a drink. I feel much better that Hart is making the final decision on a coach and n
longbuzzer
Junior Varsity

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Whoa someone got triggered
RGV Pony

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 pm

I have to defend Stallion here. While he may have said that Todd Dodge would be a successful college coach I challenge someone to find a post where he definitively states that he is who SMU should hire. Keep in mind Stallion is a lawyer and tends to be noncommittal just like he was when he stated today that if we want consistent bowl games Todd Graham would be the best option but that he will let others make that determination.
mustangxc

Postby Dutch » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 pm

Stallion wrote:
BTW you weren't even a member of this board when the discussion took place

You know it's time to hang up your keyboard cleats when you are challenging people in online forums for D-1AA programs on how long they have been members of a message board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Hahaha who was it?

Same person who created a username based off of Stallion’s username.
mustangxc

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:28 pm

mustangxc wrote:I have to defend Stallion here. While he may have said that Todd Dodge would be a successful college coach I challenge someone to find a post where he definitively states that he is who SMU should hire. Keep in mind Stallion is a lawyer and tends to be noncommittal just like he was when he stated today that if we want consistent bowl games Todd Graham would be the best option but that he will let others make that determination.
I guess you missed the posts which usually begin with "ha!" and continue with "I have long held" or "I have said for years". Not much non commital speak there... Which, to some extent, I appreciate as I'm not big on equivocation.
RGV Pony

Postby Nacho » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 pm

I have a feeling it's going to be Dykes. I'm very good at this.
Nacho

Postby Black Horseshoe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Nacho wrote:I have a feeling it's going to be Dykes. I'm very good at this.

Dykes don’t do well at SMU

Ok bad typical SMU humor
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:38 pm

RGV Pony wrote:
mustangxc wrote:I have to defend Stallion here. While he may have said that Todd Dodge would be a successful college coach I challenge someone to find a post where he definitively states that he is who SMU should hire. Keep in mind Stallion is a lawyer and tends to be noncommittal just like he was when he stated today that if we want consistent bowl games Todd Graham would be the best option but that he will let others make that determination.
I guess you missed the posts which usually begin with "ha!" and continue with "I have long held" or "I have said for years". Not much non commital speak there... Which, to some extent, I appreciate as I'm not big on equivocation.

Those posts demonstrate his arrogance! He always likes to say I told you so but rarely posts any predictions on win totals for a season or names who he would like to be named coach. However, his recruiting knowledge for SMU is unparalleled.
mustangxc

Postby Stallion » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:48 pm

I picked every single game correct this year in weekly prediction threads and picked 7-5 preseason. In fact in last 6 or so games I picked margin twice and the exact score once. Now go prove me wrong
Last edited by Stallion on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stallion

PreviousNext

Return to Football